Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dutch oven Reccomendation

Hi all,

Any reccomendations for a good dutch oven that will cook most recipes for 2-3 people. I am looking to spend around $30-$50

You might want to start by reading through earlier threads that I started here on that very same topic, no too many months ago. For starters, try Lodge Cookware.
    Get campin', Renodesertfox A canvas campateer
    Campin' Here Between Campouts! Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

Thread

I searched and found one thread where you describe the benefits of cast iron cooking which was helpful but was unable to find one reccomending a dutch oven. After lookign at some reviews I purchased the lodge logic 12".

I noticed in the cookbook that comes along with it that they reccomend the deeper 8 qt oven for cooking meats and stews and the 6 quart 12" oven for cooking breads and desserts. Any truth to this. Or can I rest assured that mine will cook both as long as I keep the heat a little lower?

Good to see you back VDF I trust you are on the mend after your surgery at this point?

Comment

Originally posted by rxcamping View Post
        I searched and found one thread where you describe the benefits of cast iron cooking which was helpful but was unable to find one reccomending a dutch oven. After lookign at some reviews I purchased the lodge logic 12".

I noticed in the cookbook that comes along with it that they reccomend the deeper 8 qt oven for cooking meats and stews and the 6 quart 12" oven for cooking breads and desserts. Any truth to this. Or can I rest assured that mine will cook both as long as I keep the heat a little lower?

Good to see you back VDF I trust you are on the mend after your surgery at this point?
        Howdy rxcamping,
        There is a lot of turth to the qualifying statement concerning a DO(dutch oven) what Lodge Logic is telling you here. You too can check it out for yourself too, like i did. First buying a lot of DO pans and field testing every one of them at every meal which I did in fact do over a period of three years, I also made quite a few people happy when they not knowing who they might be camping next too, found out that it was I and ask me to teach them or show them how I made this or that. You can't beat DO cooking any time or for any reason, or for any price if you love camping in any format. Tent, Trailer, RVing!
        Get campin', Renodesertfox A canvas campateer
        Campin' Here Between Campouts! Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

Working...
        X