My Dads cherry bombs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Dads cherry bombs

I remember my Father making these during the football season, right after the cherry peppers reached their peak. I tweaked the recipe. Everybody loves them. They do have a kick to em though. This one is hard to say amounts for, so do it to your taste. Enjoy!!

Large cherry peppers (can be red and green)
    Regular sausage ( I use bulk loose style pork sausage)
    Fresh garlic
    eggs
    bread crumbs
    worchestershire sauce
    Black pepper

Mix sausage, a few cloves of crushed garlic, an egg or two or three (depending on how much you are making), handful of bread crumbs, a few spashes of worchestershire sauce and pepper to taste. Should be consistancy of a stiff meatloaf mix. Refrigerate or coolerize. Now comes the fun part, cleaning the peppers. Using a paring knife, cut just around the stem as in to form a cup. Scrape out seeds and ribs with butter knife. (The better you clean the peppers, the less hot they will be, the heat is concentrated in the seeds and ribs). Stuff sausage into peppers. They can be done on low heat on a grill, over a low fire, or charcoal. They can be skewered or placed single. Or they can be stuck on a stick and roasted right over the night fire for a spicy snack. Cook until sausage is done.
    During this time of year I usually buy a half bushel of peppers and a few pounds of sausage and spend the weekend making bombs. Then they get vacuum packed and frozen. Makes a great gift to any cookout or addition to any outing. My friends say I should sell them!!!

Sounds too good to be true? Next week, it's a plan, prepare cherry bombs! We'll give 'em a try! Can't hurt! Can't ever get enough peppers, right?
    Get campin', Renodesertfox A canvas campateer
    Campin' Here Between Campouts! Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

Originally posted by pricey106 View Post
      Makes a great gift to any cookout or addition to any outing.
      Consider yourself invited to my next cookout or outing. :D Those sound really tasty.

Comment

Thanks Renodesertfox and Yukon Jack!!!

Comment

Working...
        X