Deep Fried Oreos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deep Fried Oreos

I bought a camp chef cookbook and this was the first recipe I tried out of it. I am gonna make it simple. Basically you want some buttermilk pancake batter, a little on the thick side. Heat your oil to about 375. Dip your oreos' in the batter then drop into the oil. Turn over when the batter gets to be a golden brown. Make in small batches 6-8 at a time. Sprinkle with powdered sugar or chocolate syrup. Enjoy with a glass of milk.
    They are very filling. I only could eat 4 or 5.

Re: Deep Fried Oreos

Shawn I will try that as I have a big T-Fal deep fryer that I use in my covered patio (you don't want to use these things inside, trust me!) for oysters, fries, wings, onion rings, etc. I know my girls will love it, and my wife will make funny faces! :eek:
    “People have such a love for the truth that when they happen to love something else, they want it to be the truth; and because they do not wish to be proven wrong, they refuse to be shown their mistake. And so, they end up hating the truth for the sake of the object which they have come to love instead of the truth.”
    ―Augustine of Hippo, Fifth Century A.D.

Comment

Sounds yummy!
      Total nights sleeping outdoors in 2013: 28

Comment

Yes, indeed! Sounds rather clever! Gonna try'em soon!
        Get campin', Renodesertfox A canvas campateer
        Campin' Here Between Campouts! Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

Is the Oreo still crunchy on the inside after it has been fried?
          May you always have love to share,
          Health to spare
          And friends that care.

Comment

They are kinda gooey (sp??) but very, very good, with a big glass of milk. Kinda makes me wonder what a deep fried snickers bar would taste like, or a deep fried twinkie. Gotta make sure those 2 are frozen before you cook them though.

Comment

Shawn, we followed you lead with the recipe...a half-dozen at 375-degrees F in the T-Fal deep-fryer for two minutes...
              SPEC-TAC-U-LAR! My Vietnam Jungle Boonie is doffed in thanks on behalf of the gang!
              Last edited by tplife; 03-26-2011, 10:18 PM.
              “People have such a love for the truth that when they happen to love something else, they want it to be the truth; and because they do not wish to be proven wrong, they refuse to be shown their mistake. And so, they end up hating the truth for the sake of the object which they have come to love instead of the truth.”
              ―Augustine of Hippo, Fifth Century A.D.

Comment

Originally posted by shawnbebout View Post
                I bought a camp chef cookbook and this was the first recipe I tried out of it. I am gonna make it simple. Basically you want some buttermilk pancake batter, a little on the thick side. Heat your oil to about 375. Dip your oreos' in the batter then drop into the oil. Turn over when the batter gets to be a golden brown. Make in small batches 6-8 at a time. Sprinkle with powdered sugar or chocolate syrup. Enjoy with a glass of milk.
                They are very filling. I only could eat 4 or 5.
                Can you use those buttermilk pancake batter they sell in the supermarket, or did the cookbook have a recipe for it? I'd love to try these out to make for my nieces (and for myself during my cheat days)

Comment

Yeah, I used the buttermilk pancake mix that they sell in the markets. I also did a search and came up with this blog posting. It is from Camp Chef, the same people who made the cook book I got the recipe from.
                  http://www.campchef.com/blog/?p=647

Comment

Just tried it out over the weekend. Absolutely love it! Thanks so much for sharing that! :D

Comment

Wow!!! That sounds, well... too good for my own good!!!
                      There is a cult using the Christmas White Oreos with white fudge filling!!! (limited edition, only this time of the year...). Have to try it!
                      Thanks and be well... Ara and Spirit

Comment

The mix was awesome! I tried doing the same thing with pop-tarts, and it turned out pretty well too.

Comment

just read this thread...have to tell you all that here in TEXAS people deep fry anything and everything
                          imaginable...
                          there's a guy that sets up a booth at the state fair that will fry all kinds of crazy things including pickles...his stand
                          has people lined up for blocks around the fair grounds!! It's crazy!! but fun!

Comment

This sounds horribly nasty and unhealthy...but in a good way. I'm so glad that not everyone is a slave to low-cal, low-fat, low-cholesterol, low-salt, low-sugar, low-taste food....and the idea that we cannot occasionally enjoy something like this.

It's not gonna kill you, unless you eat it every day...so I celebrate your ingenuity!

Comment

Originally posted by Joyous56 View Post
                              This sounds horribly nasty and unhealthy...but in a good way. I'm so glad that not everyone is a slave to low-cal, low-fat, low-cholesterol, low-salt, low-sugar, low-taste food....and the idea that we cannot occasionally enjoy something like this.

It's not gonna kill you, unless you eat it every day...so I celebrate your ingenuity!
                              Life is not worth living, if you can't enjoy things. Moderating is the key. I didn't make the recipe, just found it in a cookbook.
                              Nights camped in 2019: 24
                              Nights camped in 2018: 24

Comment

Working...
                              X