Your favorite snack at the camp site

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your favorite snack at the camp site

Mine is the Munchies. It has 4 kinds of snacks in one and its a small to medium bag I would call it so it isn't that much extra weight to carry along.

I also like to carry all my food, gear, and supplies in my Pelican case. I saw that some people use backpacks for everything. What do you use?

Re: Your favorite snack at the camp site

My favorite snack is a blade of grass growin near a stream! After dinner it's crackers w/cheese a little wine and a small snort of bourbon before retiring is always nice!
    Get campin', Renodesertfox A canvas campateer
    Campin' Here Between Campouts! Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

Hot chocolate. Yummy and I sleep so well.
      Total nights sleeping outdoors in 2013: 28

Comment

Interesting...my Pelican case carries my Polk Atrium 45 outdoor speakers, otherwise you know what they'd look like after bumping around in the back of the trunk on the way up the mountain...We're fans of the smore, marshmallows are toasted, and then placed inside graham-cracker halves with Hershey's (from Hershey PA no less!) chocolate in between, placed inside a Coleman (metal-handles) Pie Oven and turned a few times over the campfire. The girls have learned to place the pie iron, when emptied, over the 12" porcealain dish plate on the picnic table - dad doesn't get too excited about burns through his green checkered tablecloth!
        “People have such a love for the truth that when they happen to love something else, they want it to be the truth; and because they do not wish to be proven wrong, they refuse to be shown their mistake. And so, they end up hating the truth for the sake of the object which they have come to love instead of the truth.”
        ―Augustine of Hippo, Fifth Century A.D.

Comment

My favorite snack, every day, no matter where I am, is BJ's trail mix. It has everything I love: peanuts, cashews, almonds, raisins, and M&M's. Yum, yum! :D
          "Why is it inflationary if the people keep their own money and spend it the way they want to and it's not inflationary if the government takes it and spends it the way it wants to?"
          ~ Ronald Reagan, June 11, 1981

Comment

My favorite snack for camping is hotdogs cooking over the fire on a stick. And some times a potato wrapped in heavy foil and placed in the coals of the fire.

Comment

Originally posted by DougsOutdoors View Post
              My favorite snack for camping is hotdogs cooking over the fire on a stick. And some times a potato wrapped in heavy foil and placed in the coals of the fire.
              LOL! To me, your snack is a meal. :D
              "Why is it inflationary if the people keep their own money and spend it the way they want to and it's not inflationary if the government takes it and spends it the way it wants to?"

Comment

Originally posted by surmisez View Post
                LOL! To me, your snack is a meal. :D
                LOL i dont usually snack when im camping. Most of the time im at the beach or fishing or something. I guess some kind of trail mix or powerbar would make a good snack though to carry in my pocket.

Comment

A favorite 'snack' here is a tin of Kippered Herring or Sardines, or a protein bar. :cool:
                  Longtime Motorcycle Camper. Getting away from it all on two wheels! :cool:

Comment

You take a banana and cut a out a wedge along its length. Remove the wedge and fill with brown sugar and chocolate chips. Replace wedge and wrap in foil. Place near or in the camp fire for x amount of minutes. Yummy goodness.

Comment

Gummy Bears

Comment

Moose Drool!
                        Get campin', Renodesertfox A canvas campateer
                        Campin' Here Between Campouts! Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

Beer and anything salty and crunchy!
                          My Other Interest

Comment

Originally posted by Gordie View Post
                            You take a banana and cut a out a wedge along its length. Remove the wedge and fill with brown sugar and chocolate chips. Replace wedge and wrap in foil. Place near or in the camp fire for x amount of minutes. Yummy goodness.
                            That sounds like something to try out! And all the sugar in the banana will caramelize!

I personally like to take sammich makers (found at walmart or just about anywhere camping supplies are found), a loaf of bread and different types of pie filling and PAM.

Spray the sandwich makers with PAM (both sides), place bread in, spoon about 2TBLSP of filling in to them, close, place on fire until bread is golden.

You have to let them cool down or you will scald the inside of your mouth!

Comment

Originally posted by Gordie View Post
                              Oooh! That sounds really yummy! I was thinking that it would be great to exchange the brown sugar for peanut butter. I'm gonna have to remember this on when we go camping. :D

Comment

Working...
                              X