Best Guacamole Ever

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Guacamole Ever

Not my original recipe, but this is pretty dang good.

3 avocados - peeled, pitted, and mashed
    1 lime, juiced
    1 teaspoon salt
    1/2 cup diced onion
    3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
    2 roma (plum) tomatoes, diced
    1 teaspoon minced garlic
    1 pinch ground cayenne pepper (optional)

Directions
    1. In a medium bowl, mash together the avocados, lime juice, and salt. Mix in onion, cilantro, tomatoes, and garlic. Stir in cayenne pepper. Refrigerate 1 hour for best flavor, or serve immediately.
    Last edited by 05Kingquad700; 06-21-2012, 05:15 PM.
    Nights camped in 2019: 24
    Nights camped in 2018: 24

Re: Best Guacamole Ever

I could eat that just fineeeeeee!
    I recently watched a cooking show (Joanne Weir?) host add peas to guac. Kinda has me intrigued.
    2017:

July 3 to July 16- annual kiddo trip
    Aug 2 to Aug 14- adult trip to recover from kiddos' outing. Bring on the Campari!

Comment

my wife is a vegetarian, she will love this and it sounds good to me right now lol

Comment

Originally posted by HogSnapper
        NYCgrrl, I worked at a restaurant that did this. The peas are used to stretch the recipe because avocados are expensive. The peas don't contribute anything to better taste. I guess you could look at using peas as either a good or bad thing.

Shawn, I like your recipe it's basically the same one I learned in South Texas many decades ago except we put a lot more salt in it than you listed and we chopped the onions into super small diced pieces so you wouldn't have any crunch while you were eating the final blend.
        I'm gonna take your advise under well..... advisement :D.

Saw the clip again and no avocado was used at all:

SWEET PEA GAZPACHO

1 pound shelled sweet English peas, blanched 10 seconds
        3 small slices stale bread, soaked in 1 cup cold water
        3 cloves garlic, minced
        3/4 pound sugar snap peas, blanched 1 minute
        1/2 English cucumber, peeled and seeded
        1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
        3 tablespoons sherry vinegar
        Salt and freshly ground black pepper
        Extra virgin olive oil for drizzling

Reserve 1/4 cup of the peas as a garnish
        Place all of the ingredients in a large bowl and toss together. Place in the blender and process until smooth as silk, 2 to 3 minutes per batch. Taste and season with salt and pepper. Chill in the refrigerator for 2 hours or overnight.

To serve, ladle into bowls and garnish with a few peas and a drizzle of olive oil

Serves 6

I'm thinking in this instance it's a use what's on hand moment and that appeals to the "lazy lima bean" in me. Specially if I can make it in advance .

I should point out that I JUST found avocado puree in a plastic pouch at a local to where I camp supermarket. Been playing with it to make various dishes but so far am not pleased. No matter how long the aromatics marinate it's pretty flat tasting:(.
        2017:

July 3 to July 16- annual kiddo trip
        Aug 2 to Aug 14- adult trip to recover from kiddos' outing. Bring on the Campari!

Comment

Working...
        X