Tenderloin Pepper Steaks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tenderloin Pepper Steaks

If you like black pepper, read on an see how good this gourmet camp cooking meal is! Any tender steak, such as a T-bone or New York, may be prepared the same way. To coarsly crush peppercorns, when camping, smash them with the bottom of a cast iron saucepan.

Ingredients:
    • 4 beef tenderloins(fillet) steaks 6-8 oz
    • Salt
    • 4 tablespoons coarsely crushed black peppercorns
    • 1/2 receipe herb butter or mustard butter(next to be penned)

Sprinkle each steak lightly with salt, then rub about 1/2 tablespoon coarsely crushed peppercorns into each side, pressing the pepper firmly into the meat. Prepare a fire in a grill. Position the oiled grill rack 4-6 inches above the fire. Arrange the steaks on the rack, or a large cast iron 15 inch flat griddle pan can be used. Grill.

Turn your steaks every 2 minutes, about 8 minutes' total cooking time for rare or about 10 minutes' total cooking time for medium. 12 minutes' total cooking time for well. Top each steak with a slice of flavored butter before serving. Yum!

Just tell 'em you got it from your uncle fox!
    Get campin', Renodesertfox A canvas campateer
    Campin' Here Between Campouts! Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Re: Tenderloin Pepper Steaks

This looks like a good alternative to my idea of beef in foil packets. I'm obsessed about foil packets. Just shoot me, and tell me to make your tenderloin pepper steaks instead.

Comment

Ok.....just make them tenderloin pepper steaks! You'll be glad you did!

Comment

I've scored some venison tenderloins, which I think will be great with your recipe.
        Thanks again!

Comment

A little red wine reduced rub also goes well with any venison or dear(deer)!
          Last edited by renodesertfox; 12-12-2012, 12:51 AM.

Comment

Love steaks cooked like this. I do quite a bit more pepper though. I smother the steak in rough chopped peppercorns and then when done, brush off the extra. And I rub all steaks in evoo before any spices.

I know it is only six in the morning, but I'm hankerin for some steak now....
            "It's better to have that and not need it than it is to need it and not have it" - Captain Woodrow F. Call

Nights spent out in 2014: 1

Comment

sounds so good and how long does that take to cook?

Comment

Working...
              X