No cook camping meals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No cook camping meals

My husband works one weekend a month, and my kids really miss him, so I like to take them on short camping trips while he's gone. Since I'm alone with small kids (6 & 2 years old), I don't really like dealing with fire/cooking. My kids are pretty content with pb&honey, pizza and cereal, but I'd like to get more creative and add more protein. Any suggestions?

Re: No cook camping meals

Google seach "freezer bag cooking". Also, the Mountain Home freeze dried meals in the camping section are an easy meal. Add boiling water, wait 10 minutes, and your done- no dishes to clean.

Comment

Pie iron. You can make all kinds of different things and it is interactive. Gets them involved and busy and teaches them a skill.

http://pieironrecipes.com/

Comment

Cold cuts and cheese platter with veggie crudites and bread.

Chef's salad. You can make salads at home if you like cause the right sized Tupperware type container is your friend. just add the dressing on site.

Nicoise salad. You can substitute roasted chicken for the tuna fish if you prefer.

Sliced apples and pears with PB.

Soup and sandwiches. Heat up the soup at home and pour it into a well insulated Thermos. Stays hot for at least 1/2 day.

You can buy a roasted chicken and put some of the meat in the soup plus defrosted peas, and leafy raw green veggies like spinach or kale and maybe raw mushroom pieces (the liquid will heat it up); you'll have a complete and nourishing meal that most kids will eat UNLESS they're fussy like DGD who still wont allow more than one vegetable to touch another. Then ya have to separate food into different portions yada yada yada. Goodness I must love her cause I' never did that for her dad, LOL.

The other half of the chicken can be sandwiches or a dinner salad topping.

HTH!.
        2017:

July 3 to July 16- annual kiddo trip
        Aug 2 to Aug 14- adult trip to recover from kiddos' outing. Bring on the Campari!

Comment

Love this idea! Yummy grilled cheese over the campfire!
          New to camping in So Cal!

Comment

Working...
          X