Inspired by Denni2 Dad's Doughnut Recipe: Cheater Bao Recipe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Inspired by Denni2 Dad's Doughnut Recipe: Cheater Bao Recipe

Started thinking on how else to use the oft seen Pillsbury tube of biscuit and stumbled on this recipe for fast stuffed bread:

http://www.foodgal.com/2010/03/cheat...ge-1/#comments.

I sometimes travel with a bamboo steamer yet think a collapsible vegetable steamer would work just as well. A makeshift steamer crafted from a pie pan with holes punched in it should do the job too.

I make my own Asian style roast pork yet can't see why using take out pork wouldn't work. Should you like sauce added a 1/8-1/4 tsp of bottled hoisin sauce added before stuffing with meat and veggies should do the trick.
    2017:

July 3 to July 16- annual kiddo trip
    Aug 2 to Aug 14- adult trip to recover from kiddos' outing. Bring on the Campari!

Re: Inspired by Denni2 Dad's Doughnut Recipe: Cheater Bao Recipe

Siu bao with pork, that's Chinese food. We only eat them with duck. The BBQ pork goes inside a French roll with cilantro, pickled daikon, carrots and jalapenos, it's banh mi thit nuong. The rolls out of the tube are an interesting shortcut that might work better on the trail.
    Last edited by tplife; 06-01-2016, 05:10 PM.
    “People have such a love for the truth that when they happen to love something else, they want it to be the truth; and because they do not wish to be proven wrong, they refuse to be shown their mistake. And so, they end up hating the truth for the sake of the object which they have come to love instead of the truth.”
    ―Augustine of Hippo, Fifth Century A.D.

Comment

Re: Inspired by Denni2 Dad's Doughnut Recipe: Cheater Bao Recipe

Oh the possibilities. I have been playing with recipes for this.

http://www.trailcooking.com/fauxbake...-baker-part-1/

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
      X