Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Camp Cook Tip

Howdy,
    Put a TBS(tablespoon) of butter in the water when cooking rice, dried beans, macaroni, to keep the chosen item from boiling over. Always run cold water over the chosen item when it's done to get the starch out. Reheat again with hot water if necessary.
    Get campin', Renodesertfox A canvas campateer
    Campin' Here Between Campouts! Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Originally posted by vegasdesertfox View Post
    Howdy,
    Put a TBS(tablespoon) of butter in the water when cooking rice, dried beans, macaroni, to keep the chosen item from boiling over. Always run cold water over the chosen item when it's done to get the starch out. Reheat again with hot water if necessary.
    Every time I do mac and cheese, I've always added eevo about 2 table spoons to the boiling water for extra taste.

I've always drained but never rinsed , Weird you said rinsed.
    My cooking site!

Comment

Howdy Chile,
      Weird, perhaps but yes...rinse. Rinsing the cooked item through cold water removes the starch from the product. Healthier eating, less weight gain!

Comment

Hey Vdf, How does it taste? I know I do the same thing with home made fries & potato ships and they taste good!
        My cooking site!

Comment

Howdy Chile,
          Food is all about taste! I don't cook food that isn't going to taste good, am I? What's a potato ship?

Comment

Originally posted by vegasdesertfox View Post
            Howdy Chile,
            Food is all about taste! I don't cook food that isn't going to taste good, am I? What's a potato ship?
            Hey VDF, I hope your joking bud.

but if your not, You take one potato, You take one mandolin, you chop the potatoes up in the thinnest setting, You deep fry the the potatoes slices until crispy, You let dry, You do the shake and bake methid for the spices "but leave the bake part out"
            My cooking site!

Comment

Working...
            X