How do you use your tarps?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you use your tarps?

Let's hear from everyone how you use your tarps?
    Most of us will put one under the tent to protect the floor and impede water intrusion................does anyone put one over the tent, and if so how?
    Over the picnic table eating area?......how?

Bungee cords or nylon rope (provided you have trees nearby) plus a pole in the middle to let rain run off. I've even run a tarp over the tent to my suv to protect the cooking area during rain.

Comment

Howdy,
      I use two 10x10' tarps under the tent: 1st tarp provides protection for 2nd tarp and 2nd tarp is for insulation.

Also a 40x60' tarp over entire camping space in the desert above 7'000' elevation, there you will find fine examples of my 2nd favorite tree in the whole wide world, ponderosa pines. BTW 1st favorites are bristlecone, vanilla pine, limber, white pine, spruce, redwood, pinyon, there ya go!

Under & over 7000' elevation they are not tarps, they are called "Kelty Shadehouses" and we use 2 of these babies. One goes in front of the tent to act as an entranceway and another one with walls over our own self-included-brought-along-table-and-cooking-grill-"Our-big-xxx(gas)-grill". Good question y'u came with! By Cracky!

Dang, y'all want-to-know-how: sweat, muscle, knot tying 'bilites, a 8' 2x2 pine stick with a V cut in one end and in the other end a cuphook is attached. Plenty rope(always, can never have enough rope fer jeep camping), any camping fer that matter, bungee cords of various lengths, winch-n-pulley systems, colaspible folding ladder, hammer, long nails and a steady hand at fixin' your home away from home!
      Last edited by renodesertfox; 06-24-2009, 09:15 AM.
      Get campin', Renodesertfox A canvas campateer
      Campin' Here Between Campouts! Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

I just get wet...
        Sgt. Richard V. Gilbert
        USMC Retired
        Scout/Sniper

Comment

i use a 6x8 to cover my gear on top my little trailer with a elastic net to hold it down when traveling, seems to work ok.
          but...
          the last campground we went to (green valley, ca.) didnt have showers and the r/r were poor condition. so i just bought a 6x12 tarp. it will velcro/snap to 1 panel on the side of my tent trailer making a small triangle shower area. 6 ft tall. so it will being dual purpose. trailer cover and shower enclosure. i already have the 12v pump/shower and colaspable water bucket.
          to shower once a day is real nice.

Comment

My primary camping buddy has a Kelty three-legged tarp shelter, that we use to cover the entrance to his teardrop mini trailer and my dome tent together - gives us rain protection and a shady area to sit and enjoy the day. Tarps can get tricky in very windy weather though!
            Longtime Motorcycle Camper. Getting away from it all on two wheels! :cool:

Comment

Working...
            X