campsite cost....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• campsite cost....

Let us know what you pay per night to camp.
    Is it in a national/provincial park, private mom and pop campground?
    What is included in your fee?

In the State Campgrounds down here, we usually pay ten to fifteen bucks a person per night. Includes bath house (if they have one), water (if it is on the tent site, many aren't). Anything else is generally extra.
    Longtime Motorcycle Camper. Getting away from it all on two wheels! :cool:

Comment

We are camping for 14 nights........4 people, (2 adults, 2 kids).......mid quality site, hydro at site, shower facilities.
      $526.50 total.......$37.60/night incl tax and reservations fee.
      I remember when I was a kid.............we paid about $6.00 per night.
      But, still cheaper than the Hyatt and more enjoyable..........you can't hike, canoe, or have a campfire at the Hyatt!

Comment

Cost

Wow 36.00 a night that is outrageous. I better have a completely flat site with a mountain view in front of a lake and housekeeping service for that.

We pay the same as Big Dog 11-15 a night and 9-11 in the early spring and late fall.

Comment

here is the exact fee guide for Ontario Parks.......
          You will notice 3 different quality levels, and 4 rate breakdowns.
          There is also senior rates, and disabilty rates.

http://www.parkreports.com/fees/fees.php?year=2009

Comment

Howdy gents,
            Me and bride, when we aren't at home recovering from my back surgery we look for free sites on BLM land or if on a lake in a protected park like Lake Mead or Lake Mojave we still look at public access areas off the beaten path. 4x4 is always better than organized campgrounds. At Organinzed campgrounds at Cottonwood Cove on Lake Mojave where f1nuts was told about by yours trully they charge 10-15 dollars p/night. Way too rich for my blood! If I was being charged what OC is being charged that price would also come with a flat campsite, the best view always, the best fly-fishin' always, the best 4x4 road into the area always, no 'quitoes ever, no bear attacks ever, the animals always behave their best and when I wanted to hear a loon I could always pick up my head and listen and hear a loon! That's expensive up there in the far north woods! And flat-water everyday of the year!
            Last edited by renodesertfox; 06-24-2009, 04:49 AM.
            Get campin', Renodesertfox A canvas campateer
            Campin' Here Between Campouts! Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

I think the reason why it is more expensive than what you US fellas are payin, is because the Provincial Parks run an Interpretive (educational) centre with knowledgeable staff, nature programs and movies, and also bring in educators and entertainers from outside.
              Here is a link to some of the events for a portion of the summer at my park, Grundy Lake.

http://www.parkreports.com/events/ev...it=View+Events

Comment

Yep, we are mostly left to our own devices. Some State Campgrounds do have Nature Trails, swimming areas and playgrounds for the kiddies though.
                Some offer canoe rentals, and have washer/driers for doing laundry. Some have large pavillion buildings that can be rented for large family get-togethers or special events.
                Generally, if I'm using a big State Campground it's just a place to sleep and chill out during a ride out to some event or site. For just campin' pleasure i will slip into the wild woods and camp for free.
                A buddy just gave me a 'Bear Report' on a couple BIG black bears he saw very near one of my favorite wilderness places! Gotta be careful out there! :eek:
                Longtime Motorcycle Camper. Getting away from it all on two wheels! :cool:

Comment

Working...
                X