USA friends in Canada...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USA friends in Canada...

Does anyone from the US come up into Canada to camp?
    If so, where do you go?

Howdy OC,
    Back when I was a youngin', fresh graduated high school there was the draft going on here fer Vietnam. My number was 151 missed fer that year 1970. Me and my best friend were backpackers then and he had a Ford Pickup. I worked at the Ice Plant here that has since been torn down, well we saved our money 'tween the two-of-us fer two years straight. He and I drove his pickup across this great land north to Vancover, BC. Then we followed many dirt roads then into Garibaldi Provencial Park and hiked 70 miles of back country fer one week there. Two good lookers and hikers in Canada, from Pemberton, B.C. hiked with us and they had their own food too(they were exchange students at Valley High School, Las Vegas, Nevada) that we thought we were in love with! A couple of days to drive there. Driving back took us longer because we met plenty of girls along the way. Those wonderful girlfriends then went home and tried to get me married, but we'd none of that! That's the only time I've been in Canada. My best friend in hs was killed in Vietnam in 1972. So, how about you, ever camped in USA and where?
    Last edited by renodesertfox; 06-24-2009, 10:41 AM.
    Get campin', Renodesertfox A canvas campateer
    Campin' Here Between Campouts! Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

I can't remember exactly where I was, but it was Aug 16, 1977.......my older brother came back from the camp store yelling something about Elvis is dead.
      My family were camped in a beautiful campground in either N.H. or Vermont.
      That's the only time we have been into the USA camping.
      It was VERY different laying in your sleeping bag listening to mountain lions arguing with each other........

Comment

Working...
      X