Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Internet While Camping?

Howdy,

Here's a question to kick around abit and I'm sure there are lots of opinions on this, so have at it. Should organized campgrounds offer the availability of cable and internet connections to their campers? RV or tent or both?
    Get campin', Renodesertfox A canvas campateer
    Campin' Here Between Campouts! Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Howdy,
    Here's my two cents...camping is used by my bride and I to get away from it all! We only go where we can free camp so we don't like the idea of paying for a spot that always seems to have the firepit in the wrong place! The tent pad, it there is one, is too small, and the campsites are too close together! If I pay for a spot it better have a great view, be right next to the water, and the next camper has to be at least 100 yards away! So my answer is no, no, no!
    Get campin', Renodesertfox A canvas campateer
    Campin' Here Between Campouts! Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

On a roadtrip, if I am simply using a campground to spend the night and sleep - I don't care. As long as the other folks obey the noise restrictions.

When I am in the boonies - NOPE! If I am camping for pleasure, it's to get AWAY from the trappings of civilization.
      Longtime Motorcycle Camper. Getting away from it all on two wheels! :cool:

Comment

my two cents!!

I think it makes no difference. If I have my laptop with me and I am traveling I would use the internet just to send email or photos and say we are where we are and okay. I think the campground should offer what they think will appeal to more campers. If I am getting away from it all then the service is usually not available. I found that when backpacking I could carry a portable 2 way radio and communicate when I wanted. Having a service available doesn't mean you have to use it. I know how to turn my cellphone off. We do live in a society where most think everything must be available right now. If you want their money then provide what they want.
        When I camp I do not care if the next camp site is only 25 yards away. I just want to relax and read a good book by the fire.
        s'mores anyone!!
        2006 GMC Sierra 1500 HD Crewcab
        2004 Rockwood Freedom 1640 LTD
        I am not lost, I am here

http://good-times.webshots.com/album...ost=good-times

Comment

I say no. Nothing drives me more nuts than camping when someone in my party pulls out a cell phone to call or email someone. We survied 6000 years without, I think we can survive a weekend without it. I'll be the first to admit though that it's one of the first things I check when I get home.

Comment

Working...
          X