Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is a good shampoo/body wash that will not attract the insects?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is a good shampoo/body wash that will not attract the insects?

I'm looking for some help on what to use for showers in a modern environment , that is very low on the insect attraction level. I know the stuff typically found in the meijer's/walmarts of the world are sents liek sun kissed rasperry that just screams eat me sting me. and the stuff at REI is expensive and meant for bathing in a lake. If i could just stay at my day 2 or 3 after shower level I'd be happy as thats my middle ground where the bees and skeeter leave me alone and the flys and dung beetles aren't interested yet.:D

I want the middle ground something that doesn't smell good to the bugs, actively repells would be even better, but at a use at home type environment.

We tent camp (drive in so far), have property in northern michigan, and hike and bike around home so for me at the very least it may even be a daily use.

Bob I believe you'll find there are no such detergents, since typically it is warmth and CO2 that attract insects. The best way is likely a light spray of low-concentration DEET in buffer after bathing, minimizing exposed skin, and using a comfortable hat. DEET has been in use for generations and is tested safe.
    “People have such a love for the truth that when they happen to love something else, they want it to be the truth; and because they do not wish to be proven wrong, they refuse to be shown their mistake. And so, they end up hating the truth for the sake of the object which they have come to love instead of the truth.”
    ―Augustine of Hippo, Fifth Century A.D.

Comment

Hi. I am not sure the name of the brand, but I think I saw the shampoo you are talking about when I was browsing for some gears at my favorite online shop. I love availing Altrec Outdoors deals and discount coupons, this way I get to buy great items at really good prices. You can check the site and search for the shampoo you need.

Comment

"Prell" shampoo should do nicely. In USAF bootcamp, we used it like a body wash. No 'fruity' smell, but not a strong soap smell either. Does not leave you feeling 'greasy'.
        Longtime Motorcycle Camper. Getting away from it all on two wheels! :cool:

Comment

Working...
        X