Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So, how was camping this summer for you?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So, how was camping this summer for you?

Howdy,
    Well, the big end all summer holiday is over...Labor Day 2009! Lots of folks are already back in school. Did you camp in you backyard? Did you travel to see family or friends? Did you go camping to see some great natural landmark, man-made or created by Mother Nature, herself? Did your camping take a turn for the better...expanding your horizons, starting a new sport like bicyling or canoeing? Did you make new friends? If you are reading this and are thinking about subscribing to Camping Forums Dot Com all it will cost you is your time. This is a great free site, chatting and sharing experiences about camping in the great outdoors! Read over the FAQs and decide for yourself if this is where you would like to spend some time. If you are already a member and it's been some time since you chatted and want too, here's the perfect place to tell us about your summer 2009 adventures, good or bad! Thanks for looking, in advance.
    Get campin', Renodesertfox A canvas campateer
    Campin' Here Between Campouts! Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Camping This Summer

Hi VDF,

We had a wonderful time camping this summer. We got out every 2-3 weeks would have liked it to have been every 2 weeks. However at least 4 of our trips were 4 days or longer. The highlight of our trip was to Colorado. We stayed in our tent at a place called the lone duck campground. Our host were wonderful and the facilities excellent. The campground had a small trout lake, and a heated pool. It was only about 5 miles from pikes peak. There was a small mountain stream behind the tent. The sights and sounds were exceptional for a KOA like campground. I prefer a more state or national park type setting but many of the parks in the area did not have some of the luxuries my wife prefers.

We also camped at many of the local campgrounds around our home. One of our other favorites was Saylorville Lake in Iowa. The campground we stayed in was quiet and secluded. The fishing in the morning and around dusk was exceptional.

We still have a few weeks of weather appropriate for a 4 year old boy and we plan to use it. I will post some pics of both places later.

Comment

weve gone out about 8 times this season and loved each trip. we did have our share of problems but each time we came home we huge smiles, this is the life for us!

Comment

Well, it was a bad summer for us in Florida - either too hot and muggy or raining long and hard. I only managed a couple short 'overnighters'.
        It is finally beginning to cool off though, so the autumn is looking much better.
        Longtime Motorcycle Camper. Getting away from it all on two wheels! :cool:

Comment

Working...
        X