Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sford13 View Post
    Chef,

The object of the game is not get stuff. The object is more of a scavenger hunt or high tech hide and seek. The 'swag' (which is the stuff left in the cache for trading) is more of a souvenier for having found a cache. Also the number one rule of geocaching is that if you take something, you are suppose to leave something of equal or greater value.

Geocaching has led me on adventures and taken me to places I never would have seen without it. To me getting out and enjoying nature and being shown things I never would have seen otherwise make it well worth the money spent on the GPSr I recieved.

But if you are getting into Geocaching for gain, I can tell you now that I would pick some other hobby. But if you enjoy an excuse to get out and enjoy places, this is the sport for you.

Just remember if you take something, leave something of equal or greater value.
    Thank you for the reply mate.

I can see your point, and I think I'm going to stick with Camping, Fishing. cooking. Those are what I'm good at although it was only 2 times I went camping.
    My cooking site!

Comment

Originally posted by Chile Chef View Post
      Thank you for the reply mate.

I can see your point, and I think I'm going to stick with Camping, Fishing. cooking. Those are what I'm good at although it was only 2 times I went camping.
      Chef,

Not a problem. I understand that geocaching is not for everyone. Just thought that I would point out it's intended purpose for others that might view this string. Being into camping and fishing myself, I can understand why one would not feel compelled to geocache as well. Keep those lines tight.

Comment

Great communication gentlemen...just remember every camping trip is only practice for the next camping trip. Happy camping!:D
        Get campin', Renodesertfox A canvas campateer
        Campin' Here Between Campouts! Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

Originally posted by vegasdesertfox View Post
          Great communication gentlemen...just remember every camping trip is only practice for the next camping trip. Happy camping!:D
          Unfortunately the Illinois winters don't allow much practice. Boy I wish it was March and not November. Can't wait to get out and do some camping. Guess for now I will just have to keep trying to learn as many new things as I can to try out next year.

Comment

Was able to connect with a fellow geocacher via email that was also a rock collector. I just this fall bought a rock tumbler and am on my hunt for rocks now. Well this gentleman had some rocks. He went out and placed them and gave me the coordinates to go find them. A little bit of geocaching and rockhounding all at the same time. And this stash was all for me. I love the fact that you can find others that are interested in the same hobbies and are just down right good people. If the world only had more people like that.

Comment

Yep, geocaching is fun...if you are into that. We got a GPS Unit to record where we go camping and the waypoints that we have kayaked to. Yes, you have to buy a GPS unit, but it's fruitless to start a new thread on GPS units when then one seems fine. Sure it slipped to page two but that doesn't mean it can't be back one page one. There is great info here....people should read pages one thru page 13 to really see where camping forums have come from...thinking that just about everything old is new again...and an older topic already discussed is still open for more comments. Old timers have already spoken on the matter... it will work to chase new folks away when what they have to say isn't commented on and they(the new guy) will think that this site is going no where....that's just plain foolishness. If you started a thread and got great responses yet over time it slips onto page two or page three, resurrect it again, don't start a new thread with the same old question...lets move on! Enough said.:(
              Get campin', Renodesertfox A canvas campateer
              Campin' Here Between Campouts! Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

Working...
              X