Alabama Camping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alabama Camping

Sadly the elder family member we have been caring for has gone home. It has been a long long time since we have camped or traveled. The snow is falling here in Indiana as I type this.
    Several years ago we visited Fort Rucker Alabama (Daleville or Dev' le) as they say.
    Would like to go south of that area, the gulf coast. Need all the help we can get.
    Need places along I-65 coming south. Somewhere near the northern Alabama border would be nice for an overnight stop.
    Really enjoyed the folks there. Being called Miss Jan and Mr Denny was nice. Were just part of the family when we arrived among strangers that took us in as family.
    Hope to have another unit by February

Yeah, you'll find that a lot of the people down here talk that way. It's just part of who we are.

Comment

Originally posted by Christn2000 View Post
      Yeah, you'll find that a lot of the people down here talk that way. It's just part of who we are.
      HowDo Christn; Your site tells nothing about you or where you might be.
      But glad to have you onboard.

Winter will soon be back to Ohio River Valley. Have high hopes of getting to the gulf coast this winter.
      Certainly enjoy Ya'lll down that way. We grew up across from Lou a vill Louisville Kentucky. On, the Mason Dixon line.
      When we visit Canada it bothers the wife when I say Ya'lll.
      First thing folks up there say after I open my mouth is, your not from here are you?

Comment

You'll need to do some Googling, but I have found a good campground in Auburn, Alabama - the tent spots were well away from the RVs, and tucked in among some nice trees. If you get there on a weekday night, you miss allthe family groups and young idiots.

Just south of Birmingham, the Oak Mountain State Park campground is nice too, but larger and busier. Tent spaces across the perimeter road from the RVs, and literally hidden down behind 'bunkers'..... VERY quiet at night! Lots of activities for the wife and kids - nature trails, swimming, horse riding, etc. And for those interested, the superb Barber Motorsports Museum and racetrack are close. They must have every (non-communist nation) motorcycle, scooter and other powered two-wheelers known to man! Several racecars too. Great place to spend the day walking through!
        Longtime Motorcycle Camper. Getting away from it all on two wheels! :cool:

Comment

Sounds good, Thanks Bigdog. Hope we get our plan fullfilled.

Comment

Working...
          X