Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Join A Social Group

Howdy,
    If you are a registered member here at http://www.campingforums.com, please consider joining a Social Group.

What is a social group?
    A social group is a group of people usually with a particular interest or something else in common. It provides a way of communicating between members as well as sharing photos or other images.
    You can get to the list through 'Group Memberships' section on your public profile (?).

The Social Groups list page displays all groups that have been created. You can list the groups by the number of members, messages or pictures, the group name, when the group was created or by the date of the most recent message posted. You can use the controls provided to search for a group.

The Social Groups that I have started are:
    1. Tent Only Campers
    2. Pleasure Craft Campers
    3. Fourteeners
    4. The Mojavean Aficiandos
    5. Generator Haters' Club
    6. The Camping Coopers
    Please fill free to join any and all but The Mojavean Aficiandos, that one is by Invivitaion Only. If you don't see one that that you like you could start your own group. Be creative if you'd like. Check out the FAQs Tab and type in the words Social Group for another explanation. You can also get to the Social Groups page by clicking on your Quick Links Tab and scroll down till you find Social Groups. Presently is just another way to show your personal support for http://www.campingforums.com. Please join one today!
    Get campin', Renodesertfox A canvas campateer
    Campin' Here Between Campouts! Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Could you explain the "Camping Coopers" and the "Fouteeners"? :confused:
    Longtime Motorcycle Camper. Getting away from it all on two wheels! :cool:

Comment

Howdy Big Dawg!
      Sure, the Social Group called the Fourteeners is for the group of campers, backpackers, hikers who use trails and climbers that use rope to ascend 14,000' peaks(Fourteeners) in ithe United States and aboard in the Alps, etc. As an example, when I was younger and full of energy one of my goals was to hike as many of these mountains as I could. In fact, there are a number of climbing groups online, but we are not associated with them in any way; the only way my fourteener group is related to camping is that it is impossible to hike or climb one of these mega mountains in one day, a person has to camp somewhere. Personally I've only hiked four(4) Fourteeners in my lifetime and am happy I can claim that. The mountains I've ascended are Mt. Whitney(14, 495'); Mt. Shasta(14,162'); Pikes Peak(14,110) and Mt. Rainier( 14,411'). And I have camped on the mountain overnight before ascending the next morning. The only requirement for joining this group of campers is that you can honestly say that you climbed, or hiked one of these mega mountains. In the United States there are over a hundred such mountains.

The Camping Coopers. Everyone over time has asked me what my real name is so I recently placed my first name in my signature block so everyone can see. My last name is located in the name The Camping Coopers. And my last name is neither The or Camping. The group is a personal group involving my family. We do not camp together often because my children all work and have their own families. Anyone can join that group too. One of my daughter's has an RV, much to my dismay, but I ain't kicker her out for camping with a RV. It's just different. So anyone can join.

These groups are just loose social groups with no rules and another place to upload or copy more of a person's photos too. I'm just trying to extend Camping Forums into a well proportioned site that the orginal owner(JohnJohn) would like it to become. Thanks BD, hope this answered your questions and maybe it will give you a reason to start your own group(hint: MC Bike Campers? or the Southeastern Campers?)! Have fun is the name of the game!! And enjoy life, by cracky!
      Get campin', Renodesertfox A canvas campateer
      Campin' Here Between Campouts! Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

Thanks!
        Longtime Motorcycle Camper. Getting away from it all on two wheels! :cool:

Comment

I never climbed or hiked any mountains yet and I doubt I'll ever be in shape to. I've always wanted to and I have the highest respect for those who do as well as rock climbers. My prayers go out to the climbers that are stranded on Mt Hood. I heard that one didn't survive, I pray the others are rescued soon.

Comment

Working...
          X