Who's Campin': April 2010

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who's Campin': April 2010

Well, there is only on more weekend in March and then a few days and before ye know it, here comes April! If ya got some plans for campin' and want to share them here is the thread to chat up! You don't have to give us all the details, but it's a great way to see what's goin' on with other campateers here at camping forums!

As for me I ain't campin'! Dang-it! Wish I was though! The last weekend in March is the great furniture move to Reno, Nevada fer us! Our piano( I can tickle the ivories) is going up too! Hopefully, though we'll be driving 'round northern Nevada and Califonia lookin' fer campgrounds as well as spending time mapping out plans with google earth! We are planning maybe a short campout the last weekend in April! Yippee! Anyone else, what's your plans?
    Get campin', Renodesertfox A canvas campateer
    Campin' Here Between Campouts! Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Busy month with kids birthdays but hoping to get out last weekend in April. It will either be the second annual daddy/daughter outing or going solo. Weather in NI can be dicey that time of year so here's to hoping it will be a go.

Comment

It will be my first camping trip since moving from
      the Texas hill country here to New Yok City (God help me). So in late April, I'm throwing the girlfriend and the dogs in the truck to visit Taughannock Falls:

Can't wait for the trip. I've been needing a soul recharge.
      Last edited by HikeTheFalls; 03-28-2010, 01:39 AM.

Comment

Susan just headed out this morning for 4 days train poundin' in the Trinity Alps. She is trying out some of her gear she got over the winter for her 30 day trek on the Washington State PCT in August. The first place she was headed to she couldn't get to because the road/s are still closed. So, she headed to a lower elevation and is taking the Swift Creek Trail back in to some meadows. She is doing 8 miles a day for starters.

Me? Heck, I'm still puttin' together the van for camping this summer. The insulation is almost all in, and the paneling is next.
        Chuck
        So. Oregon
        TRAIL NAME:Billy's Buddy
        TRAIL POUNDER:Backcountry/higher elevations of Trinity, Marble, Siskiyou, and Cascade Mountains
        SHARE TRAIL WITH:Billy Bob (llama), Squeaky (Dog), and sometimes with Susan (Partner/wife/friend)

Comment

I managed to get a group of 8 people together to go camping at Worthington State Park in NJ next weekend for a few nights. We have two tent sites booked right along the edge of the Delaware River. There's not too much information on this camp site to go by, but I'm hoping our tent sites have a view like this one! I realize it may not be as lush this time of the year however.

Comment

Originally posted by HikeTheFalls View Post
            So in late April, I'm throwing the girlfriend and the dogs in the truck to visit Taughannock Falls
            Taughannock Falls looks beautiful! I may have to make my way upstate at some point.

Have you been there before or is this a first time trip?

Comment

Well the first camping trip of the year was a success - albeit a very lucky one in some respects. Against the well-publicized wisdom of many members on this site, I left for the campground Friday night in the rain :o. Stopped at the local REI to pickup a sleeping bag and pad for a friend and then continued on to Worthington. The only time the rain stopped falling straight down was when the rain decided to come down sideways at such a rate that traffic on Rt. 80 was forced to slow down. Lo and behold, at the exact moment we pulled into the campsite - THE RAIN STOPPED :D. Instead of pitching our tents below tarps, we were able to take our time and find the flattest, cleanest areas to setup. After setting up all three tents, we were able to start up a fire, eat some dessert, relax and fall asleep comfortably. Of course it poured that evening but the full-coverage rainfly on my new tent ensured no water and very little wind made it in all night :cool:. The rest of the weekend included plenty of hiking, fishing, eating and relaxing. What a way to start the season. I'll post photos later today.

Comment

Thanks for sharing your campout with us! Now we want the photos!

Comment

I'll be camping next weekend up in the mountains and going to a weekend long concert called STAGECOACH!!!
                  Sgt. Richard V. Gilbert
                  USMC Retired
                  Scout/Sniper

Comment

So far we've been to Worthington State Park in NJ and this coming weekend going to Hickory Run State Park in PA. I have vacation the 3rd week in May, just haven't decided yet where I'm going. I may go local for a few days and go out to PA again for the weekend. The kids are still in school and I have to figure out who I can bribe/cajole/bully into coming with me :D. Quick story ... one of my nieces did a quiz on facebook about where her "friends" would go for vacation if they could go anywhere in the world. She said "Aunt Trish would go to any random campground where she'd have to dig a hole to pee." She's right

Quick question ... I want to post a picture or two from Worthington, but I'm not sure how to do it. If I click on the image button, I'm prompted for a url of my pictures. If my pictures are on my computer, what's the url? I started a webshots page ... do you think I can put a link in to share? Thanks!

Comment

Thanks DR that is just what I asked for, photos and you delivered! Great set of photos! Thanks for sharin'!

Trish...yes. Once a photo is added to webshots. Then choose the photo and the URL for forums is the very last listed line under every photo that you have uploaded. Copy and paste it right into your message, opinion, or statement. When you paste it to your message only the code will paste, but then when you actually preview your message, the photo will show up instead of the code. Webshots says the same thing, but they say it better than I.
                      Last edited by renodesertfox; 04-29-2010, 10:59 PM.

Comment

Trish in other words. In webshots pick the photo you want to upload. Underneath the photo will be 4 small windows with codes in them. Highlight the bottom code and then right click it to copy. Then back here in your message, choose where in your message you want to place the photos and right click & paste. Darren Rogers probably has a better explanation, I use Photoshop 8 along with Lightroom because I shoot everything in RAW format. But I too use Webshots to upload to the messages. But photo albums here in CF are created in a different way.

Comment

Goodbye April 2010! Thanks to everyone that made this month a great camping month, see ya in May maybe you're going camping then!

Comment

Thanks! I'm just packing up now for our trip to Hickory Run. I'll post pictures when we get back. It's supposed to be in the 80s tomorrow and 50s or 60s overnight. Can't wait! We're going to hike to boulder field and then take the falls trail. I hope to get lots of nice pix.

Comment

Working...
                            X