Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Coleman Camping Gear...Getting Ready For Another Camping Season...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coleman Camping Gear...Getting Ready For Another Camping Season...

I live approximately 25 miles from a Coleman Factory Outlet store and they have truckload sales once a month. Since I was in the need for a new electric lantern for the tent I thought I would mosey up and take a look at what they had. I made the mistake of taking my 2 daughters and my wife. 2 hours and 275.00 later, I walked out with the following deals among my many purchases...

Coleman Packaway Kitchen - lists for $99.99 I paid $54.88
    http://www.coleman.com/coleman/colem...d=10020&brand=

Coleman 54QT Steel Belted Cooler Red - lists for $149.99 I paid $54.98
    http://www.coleman.com/coleman/colem...yid=8501&brand=

Coleman Retro Remote Control Familty Size Lantern - lists for $39.99 I paid $29.99
    http://www.coleman.com/coleman/colem...yid=1045&brand=

2 Coleman Firelight Propane Torches - lists for $17.99 ea I paid $9.98ea
    http://www.coleman.com/coleman/colem...yid=1026&brand=

Coleman Campers Storage - lists for $29.99 I paid $15.99
    http://www.coleman.com/coleman/colem...yid=3500&brand=

The reason I am posting this is to let everyone know there are alot of very good deals to be had on camping equipment not just Coleman products either. I happen to find these great deals on Coleman but if you look around there are all kinds of deals.

I was just looking for a lantern but I am always on the lookout for great deals on camping equipment so I decided to upgrade a few items. With the economy being what it is, camping is such a "big bang for the buck" entertainment value, I wanted to give those that are thinking about camping a lil nudge to go out and get you some basic gear and enjoy the outdoors. The season is here so everyone dust off your equipment or go find some great deals and upgrade it. Just whatever you do...Go camping!

Mods...I am new so I hope the links I included was not against the rules. I just wanted to give others a link to the various equipment that I purchased. Please remove this if thats offensive.

Smokey Mtn. You're doing great, adding links to items is a good tool!
    Get campin', Renodesertfox A canvas campateer
    Campin' Here Between Campouts! Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

Coleman

Gotta love that coleman logo. Something is just so comforting about it.

Needs for Facebook Fans. My mom doesn't really count. http://bit.ly/d7QHYI

Comment

Synced Fireflys?

Yep, I think you outta take your family camp shopping more often! And soon your weather will break and summer will sink in. At least you did go camping this past weekend even-though it was a wet trip.

Elkmont, isn't that along the Blue Ridge Parkway? I saw the signs, I think. Last year, when I was wheel-chair bound we flew to Johnson City for a family reunion and we drove to see Elk River Falls. Somewhere I got some pics, it'll take some time, raw format requires more time for processing.:D

Comment

My campsite could be an advertisement for Coleman.:D

Comment

frank, got photos?

Comment

Just wanted to let everyone know why spending your hard earned cash on Coleman gear is money well spent. I purchased a Coleman chair and it came with a foldable footrest/table. The chair has 2 zippered pockets under the arm rest to store small gear like head lamp or a book, that type of thing. Anyway, I have had this chair for only about 3 months but it was the 2009 model and the zipper broke.

I called up Colemen and explained the problem and they sent me a new, 2010 model and told me to just keep the other chair, no questions asked. The chair with the broken zipper is still a very nice chair but not quite what I had purchased. Coleman, once again, stood behind their product. From my personal experience, you can never go wrong with Coleman gear.

Comment

I have two Coleman lanterns and a three burner stove, bought in 1969, which still work. I had to replace the tank on the stove about 2 years ago because it developed a pin hole from inside "rust". The rust was my fault for not emptying the tank at the end of a season - something I have always done with the lanterns.

In the winter, the Coleman equipment stays in the house as back up when the electricity goes out. In the 13 years we have lived here, I think we have used the lanterns in the house 2-3 times.

We have never used the Coleman stove in winter. The woodstove is always going, which also doubles as a "crock pot", having a soup pot resting on it and putting out great vittles on those cold, snowy nights.
                Chuck
                So. Oregon
                TRAIL NAME:Billy's Buddy
                TRAIL POUNDER:Backcountry/higher elevations of Trinity, Marble, Siskiyou, and Cascade Mountains
                SHARE TRAIL WITH:Billy Bob (llama), Squeaky (Dog), and sometimes with Susan (Partner/wife/friend)

Comment

glad to see this thread! I just bought a 4-person Coleman tent and two sleeping bags!

Comment

I'm 'bigger than the average bear', and the regular little folding camp chairs just aren't safe for me.....

The Coleman "MAX" folding chair is rated to 400 lbs - enough for my ample rump! Much more comfy too!
                    Too big for MC camping, but it'll go in the van fine!
                    Longtime Motorcycle Camper. Getting away from it all on two wheels! :cool:

Comment

Coleman Max Chairs

I'm a proud owner of two of those Coleman Max Chairs. Solidly built. Love em.
                      Needs for Facebook Fans. My mom doesn't really count. http://bit.ly/d7QHYI

Comment

My riding buddy and I have been using my two Max's all day. He brought his smaller dual sport bike to my place for some servicing ("Bigdog's Backyard Bike Shop"!), and when we stopped by WallyWorld earlier I picked up a 9'X9' Gazebo awning. It's been raining off&on all day, so we were pretty comfy - sitting in the chairs under a rain-proof canopy over my concrete pad, wrenching, and shooting the bull! Getting positively civilzed down here! :D

The gazebo isn't Coleman, but the chairs and my cooler are.

Uh.... "Yard testing" before taking them camping..... yeah, that's my story and I'm sticking to it.... :rolleyes:
                        Longtime Motorcycle Camper. Getting away from it all on two wheels! :cool:

Comment

Working...
                        X