Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tent Fans and Lights??? Any suggestions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yep, I'm wanting a couple more 12V O2 fans, but the local Wally's is sold out! They are very popular!
    Longtime Motorcycle Camper. Getting away from it all on two wheels! :cool:

Comment

Originally posted by SirLancelot View Post
      I don't know about all of you, but when we're changing out in our tent at night, I don't exactly like to be backlit to the point where it looks like I'm doing a shadow strip-tease or something inside the tent. What we did this year was get a package of those uber-cheap 9 LED flashlights at Harbor Freight Tools and then hung two of them from a strap at the top of the tent. They offered enough light inside the tent to see all of the far reaches of the tent and see what you're doing, but really not enough to make movements or anything visible outside the tent. They were $2.99 for a 2-pack and use AA batteries. They worked extremely well for us and cost less than a double-tall Hazlenut latte at Starbucks (hey, I'm from Seattle)... :D
      I have many of the harbor freight flashlights my newspaper gives a coupom for a free one every sunday

Comment

fan idea

I plan on using my Ryobi 18volt fan (available at Home Depot). I have one and I'm impressed with time and output. Sometimes on sale for $20... but you gotta use the Ryobi 18volt batteries... now if you have other power tools that use these you are all set. I believe Craftsman has one for their sytem too. (both made by same company but batteries are not interchangeable) The batterys can be recharged in an hour and a car charger is now available too. I do not work for Ryobi or any other company relating to this fan or system, just live in Texas and have to thing of ways to cool the tent.

(check out Ryobitools.com and look under 18volt or sometimes they call it the one-plus system, but it can be found under the 18 volt line of hand power tools they sell or at any Home Dpeot)

Comment

Originally posted by Bigdog57 View Post
          Yep, I'm wanting a couple more 12V O2 fans, but the local Wally's is sold out! They are very popular!
          We have two of the O2 fans from Walmart too. We buy the Berkley & Jenson (BJ's Warehouse house brand) D batteries on sale. The fans run really well and the batteries last for a long time.

We used the same batteries for two, four day trips, running the fans all night, and sometimes for long periods during the day (after coming back from a sweaty hike).

I have to say I'm pretty impressed with the fans. I wasn't sure how well a battery operated fan would work, but they move the air very well.
          "Why is it inflationary if the people keep their own money and spend it the way they want to and it's not inflationary if the government takes it and spends it the way it wants to?"
          ~ Ronald Reagan, June 11, 1981

Comment

Originally posted by surmisez View Post
            We have two of the O2 fans from Walmart too. We buy the Berkley & Jenson (BJ's Warehouse house brand) D batteries on sale. The fans run really well and the batteries last for a long time.

We used the same batteries for two, four day trips, running the fans all night, and sometimes for long periods during the day (after coming back from a sweaty hike).

I have to say I'm pretty impressed with the fans. I wasn't sure how well a battery operated fan would work, but they move the air very well.

Wow, that is way better battery time than the Ryobi 18V Fan... going to my local wally to check to see if they have one.

FYI... Target has O2COOL Fan on their website but not in the store. (you have to pay for shipping too)

Comment

Fyi

Just came back from my local Wally... they have the 10" battery fan (in a gray color but box shows it as white) in a box labeled OZARK TRAILS but the fan center near blades says O2 COOL. It was $12.88 and they had 6 or 7. States on box 24 hours on one set of D batteries and it does not come with an AC adaptor/plug but does have the jack for one.

They also had another that hung from the canapoy top but I didin't get info on that.

Hope this helps. (Is this the same fan you folks have and had success with?)

Comment

Originally posted by francwa45 View Post
                I have gone through many lights over the years ( I a nut for new designs) and the one I've found so far that I like the most is another Wal-Mart product. I'm at work so I don't have the particulars but it is easy to tell from other lights. It is an led light, about six inches round, 3/8 or so thick, with a hole in the center. Uses AA batteries, has a centerclip to hang it either flat from above like a chandelier or flat on a wall. It has about 12 to 16 led bulbs in a circle pattern on one side that gives off a good amount of light. I have used it on week long trips with no battery changes.
                Are these great or what? We've been using these $6.74 lamps for over a year and are very happy with their performance and convenience.
                “People have such a love for the truth that when they happen to love something else, they want it to be the truth; and because they do not wish to be proven wrong, they refuse to be shown their mistake. And so, they end up hating the truth for the sake of the object which they have come to love instead of the truth.”
                ―Augustine of Hippo, Fifth Century A.D.

Comment

We use them too. One we hang from the center of the tent and then another is down closer to us so that we can read a little before bed.

Originally posted by tplife View Post
                  Are these great or what? We've been using these $6.74 lamps for over a year and are very happy with their performance and convenience.
                  May you always have love to share,
                  Health to spare
                  And friends that care.

Comment

TXNC, my 10" O2 fan (the 12v) did come with wall plug adapter, but the smaller (5" blades) 3v fan did not (it does have an order card for one) - I use it at my computer desk, and a pair of D-cells lasts me a week. I need to get rechargeable D-cells and a charger.
                    Longtime Motorcycle Camper. Getting away from it all on two wheels! :cool:

Comment

Battery Coupon

For you folks buying all these D batteries you can get a coupon from Rayovac (they are currently promoting that their batteries last longer then Duracell and Energizer) for the large battery packs they sell at Wallys. Go Rayovac.com and then the tab for promotions... and at the bottom there are two links; one for $1 off any Alkaline Pack and one for $3 off any Rechargable Pack (though the rechargables are hard to find in anythibg but AA). I print a few cause my printer has a reprint function.

At Wallys you have to look a bit but they sell value packs of: 12-D, 12-C, 50-AA, or 50-AAA of the Raoyvac Alkalines (usually in front of store near registers near the biggest battery area or by the trading cards area near registers - at least at my store).

Good luck

Comment

If you have a Costco membership, that's your best bet as Kirkland batteries are made by Duracell and are the same batteries, available at a huge discount in multi-packs. I've used Ray-O-Vac often, but they've never lasted as along, especially in cold weather. I also don't like the quality of their batteries as they don't fit as well, and leak more than their competitors.
                        “People have such a love for the truth that when they happen to love something else, they want it to be the truth; and because they do not wish to be proven wrong, they refuse to be shown their mistake. And so, they end up hating the truth for the sake of the object which they have come to love instead of the truth.”
                        ―Augustine of Hippo, Fifth Century A.D.

Comment

My dad, who's retired from Duracell, told me that they did tests and that they knew Rayovac batteries were better than their Duracell batteries. Also, I worked with a lady who worked for Energizer. She told me that Energizer makes the Walmart brand battery and that Walmart's QA standards were higher than the Energizer ones.
                          May you always have love to share,
                          Health to spare
                          And friends that care.

Comment

Working...
                          X