Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Queen air mattress

Hi Everyone,

My family and I just sold pour pop-up and are going back to tenting just a question about air mattresses. We are going camping where there is no elctrictiy and we are looking to buy a good air mattress any ideas? The pump we bought is a battery powered pump for the air mattress.

Thank You Tammy

I have the Coleman Montana (I think) double high queen and love it! My son bought the double high twin for himself and he loves it as well. I bought the 4d quick pump in the bargain cave at Cabelas for $5 and it is ok but I would of gone broke buying D batteries So instead I went to Harbor Frieght and bought a $20 power inverter and use the 110 pump that came with my mattress. Its a great system and inflates and deflates both mattress very fast. I keep the battery pump in the tent at night just in case I let out too much air trying to find my comfort level.

Comment

My local WalMart carries a range of Coleman air matress pumps - the 4D, the AC plug-in and a 12VDC with cigarette lighter plug. I use the 12VDC type, as I have a 12 volt socket on my bike, and now in my minivan. The 4D type does work well though - it got me through long weekend campouts, never having to change batteries during the campout.
      There is also a hand-pump ("low pressure, high volume") - like a big bicycle pump - but it takes more effort to fill those BIG air matresses! DO NOT use a regular bike pump though - it's "high pressure, low volume" and will take forever!
      Longtime Motorcycle Camper. Getting away from it all on two wheels! :cool:

Comment

We camp in months other than July and August, and often at high altitudes where weather can turn on a dime, so air mattresses are definitely out as a safety hazard. Each camper gets a nice thick ThermaRest and their own little carry bag! (Batteries not included!)
        Last edited by tplife; 07-27-2010, 09:33 AM.
        “People have such a love for the truth that when they happen to love something else, they want it to be the truth; and because they do not wish to be proven wrong, they refuse to be shown their mistake. And so, they end up hating the truth for the sake of the object which they have come to love instead of the truth.”
        ―Augustine of Hippo, Fifth Century A.D.

Comment

Working...
        X