Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alternative use:Battery Pumps for Air Mattress

Hi All,

While camping back in June, we had a bunch of wet wood and our fire just would not stay lit! I had blown my lungs out and was out of air. I grabbed my air mattress pump and pointed it at the fire. We had a roaring campfire in no time, it's amazing how big the fire gets when its fed a steady stream of oxygen!

fable

Finally! A good use for an air mattress pump! I'd leave the air mattress at home next time, a definite hypothermia risk and a good way to get a bad night's sleep from wasting your calories fighting a heat sink. Good post though, I could clearly see you preparing your furnace - hilarious! :D
    Last edited by tplife; 07-26-2010, 01:53 PM.
    “People have such a love for the truth that when they happen to love something else, they want it to be the truth; and because they do not wish to be proven wrong, they refuse to be shown their mistake. And so, they end up hating the truth for the sake of the object which they have come to love instead of the truth.”
    ―Augustine of Hippo, Fifth Century A.D.

Comment

Originally posted by fable View Post
      Hi All,

While camping back in June, we had a bunch of wet wood and our fire just would not stay lit! I had blown my lungs out and was out of air. I grabbed my air mattress pump and pointed it at the fire. We had a roaring campfire in no time, it's amazing how big the fire gets when its fed a steady stream of oxygen!

fable
      Thats a good idea Thanks

Comment

Thanks for the responses guys!

Oh, I wanted to add a little disclaimer: I had to use caution with the pump, first off because I could have melted it, being so close to the fire. Also, the pump drew some ash from the fire. I don't know if the ash will cause my pump to get jammed one day, but I'm taking the risk!

Comment

Working...
        X