General Idea.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• General Idea.....

Since half the world is on Facebook, and only about 700 odd are on CF, how 'bout we try the reverse?

This is just an idea, I am not endorsing anything here......if members of CF go to Facebook and search Camping Forums, you will find us on there.
    Join up on the Facebook page and then you can spread the CF word through the umpteen thousand potential people on there.
    It's amazing how many people you can get on a FB page once people catch wind of it!!
    THEN the new people who join the FB page can get redirected to our little comfy site.

Worth a try!

Being the inborn knuckle-dragger that I am (despite being dragged kicking & screaming into the 21st century) I am still valiantly resisting using Farcebook, Tweeter or any other 'social site'.
    I'll likely change one day, but for now, the forums and E-mail serve me well...... :D
    Longtime Motorcycle Camper. Getting away from it all on two wheels! :cool:

Comment

I'm on facebook and under my real name too, Reno Desertfox! Ha Ha! Actually it's my link for my website page and I have had fun linking up with a few other sites and some friends as well. The Camping Forum link is a great idea, so I don't have a problem with that. It's a great idea and if it may drive more people to CF that would be great too!
      Get campin', Renodesertfox A canvas campateer
      Campin' Here Between Campouts! Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

I'm on facebook...

www.facebook.com/richardvg03
        Sgt. Richard V. Gilbert
        USMC Retired
        Scout/Sniper

Comment

So is there a Campingforums.com profile on FB? I did a search and found it on the Bing web results section. You can find me at facebook.com/nearlywild If you send me a friend request, mention camping or I might put you on my game friends list that I don't really pay much attention to.
          May you always have love to share,
          Health to spare
          And friends that care.

Comment

Well, y'all twisted my arm. I went and signed up on facebook.

BUT..... it was NOT a user-friendly process, and though I am able to 'sign in', I have no earthly idea just what my 'facebook name' is........
            It had me go over to my Yahoo E-mail account at one point (I will NOT give it my 'real' E-mail acount - like to keep that as free of SPAM as possible!) - so does it use my yahoo ID or the first name I gave it? I don't know how to tell someone how to 'contact' me on FB....?

Maybe I need a 12 year old consultant. :o

Comment

Good for you! In the search box type camping forums and join that right away...with that you can see who else is on facebook! That's just fer starters! You can look me up just search Reno Desertfox!

Comment

People usually use their real names on Facebook. It;s been so long since I created my account I can't remember anything about the process. If you want to PM me your name, I can do a search and see I can find you. People usually either search for you by your name or email address.

Originally posted by Bigdog57 View Post
                Well, y'all twisted my arm. I went and signed up on facebook.

BUT..... it was NOT a user-friendly process, and though I am able to 'sign in', I have no earthly idea just what my 'facebook name' is........
                It had me go over to my Yahoo E-mail account at one point (I will NOT give it my 'real' E-mail acount - like to keep that as free of SPAM as possible!) - so does it use my yahoo ID or the first name I gave it? I don't know how to tell someone how to 'contact' me on FB....?

Maybe I need a 12 year old consultant. :o
                May you always have love to share,
                Health to spare
                And friends that care.

Comment

No worries....
                  Lance Revell
                  Seadog1090@yahoo.com

Maybe I'll find some friends I never knew I had...... :D

Comment

No sign of our merry band over there...... maybe those "Queer Girls Of Sydney" erased our breadcrumbs......... :rolleyes:

Jeeze....... I am NOT doing well at this...... :o

Comment

If you are logged onto FB, just go to the search box, top centre......all I did was type in cam I didn't even have to finish the word.
                      It was the second listing.

Comment

FB page

http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/profile.php?id=1643351121
                        I'm on fb too, I just think my link above doesn't look right though. I noticed that others that posted links to their pages actually show the name. Hmmmmm, it seems to work though.

Comment

Yep, it worked I sent as friendship request to ya!

Comment

Originally posted by Bigdog57 View Post
                            No sign of our merry band over there...... maybe those "Queer Girls Of Sydney" erased our breadcrumbs......... :rolleyes:

Jeeze....... I am NOT doing well at this...... :o
                            I aint a facebooker but that right there made me spit ice tea all over my laptop. Thanks, I needed that! :D

Comment

I'm getting my bearings finally - got onto RDF's group and have added a few of y'all to my "Campateers" list. Got a coupleother lists for other folks and interests. Danggit - this is getting kinda fun! Glad we didn't have this when I was a kid - I'd have never gone out of the house.......

Comment

Working...
                              X