Sequoia!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sequoia!

My g/f and I are taking off next week for a three day backcountry camping trip! This will be the first time she's ever camped outdoors without a tent. She's pissed I wont let her bring it haha!
    Sgt. Richard V. Gilbert
    USMC Retired
    Scout/Sniper

Got a tarp shelter in case it rains...? She will be not pleased if she gets soaked......
    Longtime Motorcycle Camper. Getting away from it all on two wheels! :cool:

Comment

Our sleeping bags have a gortex shell and I am bringing 2 poncho's just in case.
      Sgt. Richard V. Gilbert
      USMC Retired
      Scout/Sniper

Comment

I hunt deer and bear in D7 in the Sequoias. I wouldn't even consider camping there without full gear - weather can change quickly and it can snow in any season.
        “People have such a love for the truth that when they happen to love something else, they want it to be the truth; and because they do not wish to be proven wrong, they refuse to be shown their mistake. And so, they end up hating the truth for the sake of the object which they have come to love instead of the truth.”
        ―Augustine of Hippo, Fifth Century A.D.

Comment

Originally posted by tplife View Post
          I hunt deer and bear in D7 in the Sequoias. I wouldn't even consider camping there without full gear - weather can change quickly and it can snow in any season.
          Need a hunting buddy?!! I havent hunted in Cali at all. In Texas it's easy to hunt but i find it a lot harder out here with the rules and stuff. In Texas my family owns a small ranch so it's no big deal but out here it's way different.
          Sgt. Richard V. Gilbert
          USMC Retired
          Scout/Sniper

Comment

We have a group that goes up each October barring unforseen circumstances. You'd likely prefer the ranch in Texas as the nights are bitter cold, it's 8000 ft. altitude so the air is thin, the piped water freezes every night, and you're lucky to see fresh mulie or bear sign and the trails are like Class V back east-uphill and down and rocky. Back home in NJ I just had to open my window and let 12-gauge buckshot loose, but out here I carry an AR15 match-grade stainless CMP rifle with .223 softpoints.
            “People have such a love for the truth that when they happen to love something else, they want it to be the truth; and because they do not wish to be proven wrong, they refuse to be shown their mistake. And so, they end up hating the truth for the sake of the object which they have come to love instead of the truth.”
            ―Augustine of Hippo, Fifth Century A.D.

Comment

Originally posted by tplife View Post
              We have a group that goes up each October barring unforseen circumstances. You'd likely prefer the ranch in Texas as the nights are bitter cold, it's 8000 ft. altitude so the air is thin, the piped water freezes every night, and you're lucky to see fresh mulie or bear sign and the trails are like Class V back east-uphill and down and rocky. Back home in NJ I just had to open my window and let 12-gauge buckshot loose, but out here I carry an AR15 match-grade stainless CMP rifle with .223 softpoints.

You do know that I am a Marine Corps Scout/Sniper right? Bitter cold isn't that big of a deal to me. :cool:
              Sgt. Richard V. Gilbert
              USMC Retired
              Scout/Sniper

Comment

Working...
              X