Weekend Plans! Post-Up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weekend Plans! Post-Up

I really wish that I could go camping every weekend, but pitchin and breakin camp in a twenty-four hour period is just too much on this old man! If you got plans for being outdoors, it just doesn't mean camping, but doing something out-of-doors, and you're comfortable with sharing some details...post up. Even if it's mowing your 40 acre parcel, it's good conversation and perhaps a way to keep some of you around the campfire awhile longer, post up what's your plans for this weekend: September 25th/26th? I'll do my best to run a new thread every week, so let's see.
    Get campin', Renodesertfox A canvas campateer
    Campin' Here Between Campouts! Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Okay...I started this thing so I'll be first!

We are thinking about breakin' out the 350Z and runnin down to Lodi, California and pick up a case of "Ole Red" Cosentino Winery. For us we are founding members of that great winery and in Lodi we can purchase our wine at 30% discount...that's ten dollars a bottle(Napa discount is only 20%), where in the stores in Reno "old red" runs about $17.00 a bottle. It'll be one of the few times left this season to put some mileage on our sportscar and have a fun drive. We will be heading west on Interstate 80 to Sacramento and connecting with freeway 99 and heading south to Lodi! It's just a picnic, Desert Rose will put together some great lunch and then we'll drive back! Sunday we plan on walking the Riverwalk in Reno and just spending time together! What about you?

Comment

On Saturday we're going fishing for silver salmon on the Clearwater river in Delta Junction. Sunday, I'm taking a class that is being offered by BOW(Becoming an Outdoor Woman) on geocaching. I've been caching for awhile, I'm taking it so that I can meet some new friends that are also interested in geocaching.

http://www.uwsp.edu/cnr/bow/
      http://www.geocaching.com
      May you always have love to share,
      Health to spare
      And friends that care.

Comment

Yard work - gotta clean up and mow the Back Forty. Got some wild Wisteria vines running on the ground - those tough suckers can grow to thirty feet long or more! You DON'T want to run your mower over one of them.....
        And if they get into the trees - "Wisteria Blitzkrieg!"

Doing some work on the new utility trailer too - setting it up for some 'camping support' duty.

And laundry - always laundry. I might need to catch me a wife....... :rolleyes:
        Longtime Motorcycle Camper. Getting away from it all on two wheels! :cool:

Comment

And laundry - always laundry. I might need to catch me a wife!

Then you'll be doing her's too! Ha Ha! Thanks for chimin In!:D

Comment

If she 'accidentally' dyes my Tightie-Whities pink, I'll counter with dying her bras olive green........ :D
            Longtime Motorcycle Camper. Getting away from it all on two wheels! :cool:

Comment

I already posted mine...

BUT I'll be backpacking Sequoia!
              Sgt. Richard V. Gilbert
              USMC Retired
              Scout/Sniper

Comment

Usually, in August we start cuttin'/stackin' firewood for the winter. We put up 10 chord. W/ the 30 day trek on the PCT, we got way behind.

This weekend we continue cuttin/stackin firewood....... We don't have that many weekends left because Nov. 1-30 we are out of the country.

Taking Tuesdays and Wednesdays, Susan's "weekend" and getting in day hikes so we can be somewhat ready for our trek in Nov.

Wish I/we could be doing more outdoor stuff, but, oh, well!
                Chuck
                So. Oregon
                TRAIL NAME:Billy's Buddy
                TRAIL POUNDER:Backcountry/higher elevations of Trinity, Marble, Siskiyou, and Cascade Mountains
                SHARE TRAIL WITH:Billy Bob (llama), Squeaky (Dog), and sometimes with Susan (Partner/wife/friend)

Comment

Yard sale for me this weekend ...

I decided to clean out the closets and attic last weekend. So I'm having a huge yard sale on Saturday. What I don't sell I'll put on Freecycle and after that ... I haven't decided what to do with any leftovers. Sunday I'll be helping the dh with yard work and closing the pool. Not an ideal weekend, but the money I make from the YS will be my camping money until I'm done camping for the season -- and anything leftover goes into my Alaska fund

Comment

Working...
                  X