Vest Question?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vest Question?

I do a good amount of hiking and camping by myself and with my family. I'm looking for a good utility vest for myself. When we go out we've been trying to reduce our carry-in load, and bring less with us. I think that a good utility vest would also come in handy for fishing too. I've checked out a few differn't brands, but have seemed to find the humvee models for fairly inexpensive. I'm looking for some for my whole family so price is definatley an issue. Has anyone used the humvee safari vest , and if so , was it worth the buy?

I find a Jansport fanny pack and a polarplus vest to be more utilitarian than a multi-pocketed vest for fishing or camping, but I still like the look of those duck multi-pocketed jobs! Consider too the cameraman versions, they are also of high quality.
    “People have such a love for the truth that when they happen to love something else, they want it to be the truth; and because they do not wish to be proven wrong, they refuse to be shown their mistake. And so, they end up hating the truth for the sake of the object which they have come to love instead of the truth.”
    ―Augustine of Hippo, Fifth Century A.D.

Comment

Fabric vests can be hot in the summer. Look for light-weight mesh vests for warmer weather use. Hunting vests are good, but the camo can be off-putting. Shotgunners have some tan or light olive vests with mesh construction and good pockets. Check the outdoor vendor catalogs and online sites.
      I had a good tan photo vest, from the Porter's catalog, but I seem to have misplaced it in my last move. :rolleyes:
      As I recall, it was in the $20 range.
      Longtime Motorcycle Camper. Getting away from it all on two wheels! :cool:

Comment

Working...
      X