camping equiptment idea

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• camping equiptment idea

Me and my buddy are thinking about making a camping chair that can unfold its self. Can you tell us what you think about the idea and whether or not it would be useful.

I think that if you came up with a good enough product, people would buy it. Give it a shot, man!
    Nights spent outside in 2012: 4

Life is a verb.

Comment

One that would support my weight would be one "H" of a chair indeed! :D
      The Coleman MAX camping chair is pretty simple and unfolds easily, and has a weight rating to fit me. BUT - it's a bit long and heavy to carry on the bike.
      A chair that meets the above criteria AND folds more compactly would be quite nice!
      Longtime Motorcycle Camper. Getting away from it all on two wheels! :cool:

Comment

Originally posted by foldingchair View Post
        Me and my buddy are thinking about making a camping chair that can unfold its self. Can you tell us what you think about the idea and whether or not it would be useful.
        First we had self rising flour next came the self cleaning oven now we may have a self unfolding chair. Is there no end to what we humans can accomplish? You should invent self inventing invention so inventors have time to go camping and drink beer as their inventions invent themselves. :D

Comment

Absolutely, where would we be without scientists and engineers? Hey, we resemble that remark! :D
          “People have such a love for the truth that when they happen to love something else, they want it to be the truth; and because they do not wish to be proven wrong, they refuse to be shown their mistake. And so, they end up hating the truth for the sake of the object which they have come to love instead of the truth.”
          ―Augustine of Hippo, Fifth Century A.D.

Comment

I don't think it is the unfolding part that needs improving.. it's the end of the trip and packing up that is the worst. maybe a chair that can fold itself up and go get in the truck itself when you are done with it? Like a self retracting lanyard or those pens at the bank that suck back into the hole when you stop pulling on them!

Comment

Working...
            X