Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone make a footprint for an 8 X 8 tent?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone make a footprint for an 8 X 8 tent?

I have a Trekker 8 X 8 tent, but I'm having trouble finding a footprint that will fit it (other than folding over a 8 X 10 tarp). Is there anyone who makes a footprint that will fit a square 8 X 8 tent? (e.g., 93" X 93" with attachment loops?)

I don't know if this idea will interest you, but I will be using a couple of those emergency space blankets as my footprint, when I head out on a big trip next month.

They are CHEAP and light. :D
    Nights spent outside in 2012: 4

Life is a verb.

Comment

Originally posted by kokomo61 View Post
      I have a Trekker 8 X 8 tent, but I'm having trouble finding a footprint that will fit it (other than folding over a 8 X 10 tarp). Is there anyone who makes a footprint that will fit a square 8 X 8 tent? (e.g., 93" X 93" with attachment loops?)
      I use Tyvek, or some other form of house wrap. Lightweight, durable, and cheap!

Comment

Buy the tarp and a grommet kit from your local home supply house. Cut the tarp, sew the cut edge using nylon thread and attach the grommets with a mallet. I've done this and it works great.
        “People have such a love for the truth that when they happen to love something else, they want it to be the truth; and because they do not wish to be proven wrong, they refuse to be shown their mistake. And so, they end up hating the truth for the sake of the object which they have come to love instead of the truth.”
        ―Augustine of Hippo, Fifth Century A.D.

Comment

My camping buddies and I often use cheap "Bisqueen" (sp?) plastic sheet. Very light and compact, and discardable once dirty.
          Longtime Motorcycle Camper. Getting away from it all on two wheels! :cool:

Comment

Working...
          X