X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tent test....................

Seeing a lot of threads on tents......

Just a note of interest.....

Mike Horn, adventurer who traveled around the world solo, never dropping below the Arctic circle, had his tent tested in the Volvo wind tunnel in Sweden.
    Man this guy meant business, and seemed to know what strings to pull too!!

Hehehe..... most of us aren't that well-heeled. My little camo dome tent has come through 50MPH winds with flying colors, without being guyed down. But I have seen video of the arctic and high mountain winds - that would rip a cheap tent to shreds!
    Longtime Motorcycle Camper. Getting away from it all on two wheels! :cool:

Comment

If we pooled our resources, we could probably rent one.

"If the Flintstones has taught us anything, it's that pelicans can be used to mix cement."
      “People have such a love for the truth that when they happen to love something else, they want it to be the truth; and because they do not wish to be proven wrong, they refuse to be shown their mistake. And so, they end up hating the truth for the sake of the object which they have come to love instead of the truth.”
      ―Augustine of Hippo, Fifth Century A.D.

Comment

Originally posted by ontariocamper View Post
        and seemed to know what strings to pull too!!
        I don't think it's hard when you have corporate sponsorship. Just think, being give a fancy watch then being paid to wear it. :D

Comment

But the hard part is GETTING the sponsorship......

"Hello Mr Panarai, my name is Mike Horn, I am an adventurer I plan on walking around the Arctic Circle, I would like to"......CLICK........BRRRRRRRRR.

If you read his books, it's amazing the demanding criteria his equipment had to meet.

IE, the watch above.....not LCD.
          The liquid in the crystal would freeze and the watch would crack open if it were.
          The poles in his tent.....not aluminum.
          Aluminum shatters at such low temperatures.

And that watch above.........not $89.99, but about $2000
          Ummmmm.......slight correction..............$15,400 CDN:eek::eek::eek::eek:
          Last edited by ontariocamper; 11-07-2010, 06:11 PM.

Comment

Extreme conditions require extreme equipment!

Hate to have to choose between....

New watch for camping or a new car for the missus........ :rolleyes:

New tent for camping or a complete kitchen suite for the missus.......
            Longtime Motorcycle Camper. Getting away from it all on two wheels! :cool:

Comment

Working...
            X