Help identify this tent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help identify this tent

Ok, My Grandfather bought this tend in the 50's I think???? He passed away 30 plus years ago and left it to my Dad (Joe aka Joecamper) who passed away 3 years ago who left it to me. There is a tag on it that reads "The Eureka Tent and Awning Company Binghamton NY."

I loooooove this tent! Has anyone seen one before or know anything about it? Thanks in advance

Aaron

You might be waiting a long time for an answer, I spent a couple of hours researching Eureka and couldn't find anything older than tents from the 1980s.

If you send this photo via email to Eureka, they will know what it is exactly and then you could let us all know too! That would be fun. Nice pic of the tent! Thanks for sharing!
    Get campin', Renodesertfox A canvas campateer
    Campin' Here Between Campouts! Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

In that color, it almost looks military! Could be a special order for Uncle Sam.
      Longtime Motorcycle Camper. Getting away from it all on two wheels! :cool:

Comment

If you send this photo via email to Eureka, they will know what it is exactly and then you could let us all know too! That would be fun. Nice pic of the tent! Thanks for sharing!

I wouldn't hold my breath on that one............I have a pair of drumsticks from about 1980 made by Premier in USA.
        I sent them an email with pics and no one had a clue what the model was, or the material.
        If the company doesn't keep any history or have anyone working there from that time period, then they are all lost............they only know what is current.

Comment

So, now we're comparing apples to oranges. If he sent a tent picture to a big outfit that has handled tents since before we both were born, they might an idea. Drumsticks and tents....oh well, it was just a suggestion.
          Get campin', Renodesertfox A canvas campateer
          Campin' Here Between Campouts! Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

Thanks for the responses. Im pretty sure it is not military. I should have taken a close up of the tag. I think I will contact Eureka. I will be certain to let you all know what I find out.

This tent is such a treasure to me. I have seen it for my whole life (38yrs). I saw my first shooting star on June 22nd 1980 just outside its doors. It reminds me of my fathers best qualities when he was in his prime. It was unique and old even when I was a boy. It reminds me of a simpler time with its heavy canvas and clunky zippers. It is rugged and simple. I hope I am using it when Im 90 and the tent is 110!!

Come to think of it the tent is a bit euphemistic of my Father Ruged, simple, classic, and functional. Dang, Im starting to tear up. I miss you Pops!

I digress, Ill keep you all posted on what I find.

Comment

My guess is it's a canvas/poly exo-skeleton hybrid designed in the mid '70s...
              “People have such a love for the truth that when they happen to love something else, they want it to be the truth; and because they do not wish to be proven wrong, they refuse to be shown their mistake. And so, they end up hating the truth for the sake of the object which they have come to love instead of the truth.”
              ―Augustine of Hippo, Fifth Century A.D.

Comment

Working...
              X