No announcement yet.

Do you eat the bacon in baked beans?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Do you eat the bacon in baked beans?

Weberless

Ha! Nice word, bad situation.

Comment

I make homemade baked beans and do not use bacon in them at all.
      "Why is it inflationary if the people keep their own money and spend it the way they want to and it's not inflationary if the government takes it and spends it the way it wants to?"
      ~ Ronald Reagan, June 11, 1981

Comment

@NYCgrrl: lolz...I dont grow my own either...I was just saying it's possible...I buy bagged beans or else Bush's brand Navy Beans or Bush's brand Baked Beans...heh...

Comment

There is a restaurant near where I live that has a daily Bean & Bacon soup. It is amazing. I love.

Comment

Originally posted by arturo7 View Post
            Turkey bacon? Sacrilege!
            LOL, EXACTLY !!!! That's like like DE-caf coffee & N/A beer. lol

Comment

NO, I do not eat that . . . thing in the can. Bacon is the king of meats. Calling that slimy piece of partially cooked pig fat bacon, is like referring to ground seaweed as caviar.

JP
              Never underestimate the power
              of stupid people in large groups.

Comment

Pork belly is cut from a different part of the slab than bacon. It's fattier, blanched and intended to dissolve and release flavor throughout the dish it's added to. Sadly the Bush's beans I buy uses bacon instead, which although looks and tastes better is probably not the correct ingredient for the recipe. Designed for a typical non-discriminating American palate I guess...
                “People have such a love for the truth that when they happen to love something else, they want it to be the truth; and because they do not wish to be proven wrong, they refuse to be shown their mistake. And so, they end up hating the truth for the sake of the object which they have come to love instead of the truth.”
                ―Augustine of Hippo, Fifth Century A.D.

Comment

I enjoy bacon in my baked beans, if I cook the bacon. Not that chunk of pork fat that comes in the can. Problem is, I often camp in bear country and can't allow myself to cook stuff like bacon that sends such an aroma. It is like a bear lure!
                  FlashLantern turns your flashlight into a lantern!

Comment

I guess so! Never noticed it so much be really little. Baked beans are awesome, so the bacon must work!

Comment

If it has bacon it instantly becomes edible. Baked beans with bacon is great! I prefer to get a can of that, add fat strips of bacon and bake in the oven for 30min or so on 350-400.

Comment

Thats what its in there for to eat yummie.

Comment

Lolz alot of you must get some pretty cheap beans if your getting porkfat cubes instead of real bacon...lolz...but that's just my opinion on it...

Comment

I like Heinz Baked Beans. They come in a tomato sauce that tastes lighter and much less sweet then American style baked beans. There a standard in every British home but hard to find here in the states. I usually order them by the case from Amazon. They don't have that bacon/salt pork thingy in them.

Comment

"Duke" has my vote..... Bush's Baked Beans are the best.
                              Longtime Motorcycle Camper. Getting away from it all on two wheels! :cool:

Comment

When I make pintos, I'll add 3-4 slices of thick cut bacon. My wife won't eat it, but I will. Bacon goes good with anything.
                                "It's better to have that and not need it than it is to need it and not have it" - Captain Woodrow F. Call

Nights spent out in 2014: 1

Comment

Working...
                                X