Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I Hope You'll Be Out and About This Weekend!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Hope You'll Be Out and About This Weekend!!!

I won't.........snifflesniffle.

I...I don't wanna be supervising the installation of a new boiler this weekend.........yeah but I am.

Thank goodness they started work on Monday and based on the system evaluation as of 4:00 PM, today, the final testings should go well tomorrow morning.

So no camping but we will be picnicking from Saturday afternoon until Monday.
    It's hot out there and this mama is NOT eating indoors :cool:.

Now.
    Let me live vicariously through you-what are your plans?
    2017:

July 3 to July 16- annual kiddo trip
    Aug 2 to Aug 14- adult trip to recover from kiddos' outing. Bring on the Campari!

Re: I Hope You'll Be Out and About This Weekend!!!

No camping plans here. Just wanted to let you know you're not the only one stuck not camping. Luckily, I've got acoustic duo jobs at wineries this weekend, so at least I'll be outside enjoying some nice weather (FINALLY!) But it won't be anything near as fun as sitting around a campfire or catching fish.

Can't wait to hear some reports from the weekend.

Comment

Nor I, campin that is! Last winter, December we did our yearly winter camp w/o laptops, phones...not a single luxury(heard that tune before)! Got back and CF was a mess...a couple of new campateers got fed up with not having their posts approved, yeah I gotta life too, ya know!

But fer us out west, I finished wiring the family room with six speakers(hidden) & the kitchen w/two. Sounds great! Be uploading more new foxhole photos also! Today, our hot tub was delivered from Vegas so tomorrow our electrican is hooking up 220 and a new 50amp breaker. Clean the pool, trim the front lawn(mowed it today), still got tapestries to hang and wine to make us happy! Happy Memorial Day! Hope your having a great weekend, every weekend is great, it's just better when I'm campin!

Post up if you're not campin'....really would be great hearing from armchair and couch-potato campers. heehee!
      Last edited by renodesertfox; 05-27-2011, 08:00 PM.
      Get campin', Renodesertfox A canvas campateer
      Campin' Here Between Campouts! Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

It's freaking hot here, we were up to 107 today and are forecasted to be up to 110 tomorrow, so no camping for me. I have hunters in, gotta check on and keep them in line. I have a ton of watering to do too, trying to keep trees alive through this drought. Hopefully someone will post a good trip report, and I hope it's a cold one.
        Los Cuernos Ranch on Facebook

Comment

No vicarious pleasures for you from this end - I'm at home too! Decided I should do something like ... clean the house ... It feels very weird not to be camping, particularly on a 3-day weekend off from work. But I've been incredibly productive!

Enjoy your picnic! Do you have a grill? If so, what kind?
          Total nights sleeping outdoors in 2013: 28

Comment

I was planning on going camping, but it's to early in the season yet. The forecast for my camping spot is Rain/Snow. Tonight there is a 60% chance of snow. So I really don't want to pack up a wet canvas tent and then have to dry every thing out again next week. Trail Ridge Road in Rocky Mountain National Park isn't open yet either. Maybe by mid June we can tent camp with a 4 year old in the mountains.
            All the Forest Service Roads are still closed for the winter and looks like most of the developed campsites are gonna be closed due to construction this year.

Comment

Alas, no camping for The Dawg this holiday weekend...... :(

Too much yard work, and a neighbor's tree fell partly on my garage and privacy fence. I get to test my new gas chainsaw.......

Saturday a buddy and I did go out and check our hunting lease property. Not 'supposed' to camp out there, but we have some 400 acres all to ourselves....... yeah, we WILL be camping out there soon. :D
              Longtime Motorcycle Camper. Getting away from it all on two wheels! :cool:

Comment

Working...
              X