Tablecloth Security

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tablecloth Security

In the past, I've used rocks, bricks, cast iron pots which had the tendency to clutter up the picnic table once we placed our tablecloth on the table. Here's what we use now large C Clamps. And these work well from thin wood tables to the thick concrete tables many campgrounds are now using. Sure they are a little bulky but I just load them in my tent stake bag and we always have them.

Thanks for lookin! So what do you use for "tablecloth security?"
    Get campin', Renodesertfox A canvas campateer
    Campin' Here Between Campouts! Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Re: Tablecloth Security

Somewhere..... either Wally's or maybe Campmor, I have seen plastic spring clamps designed for picnic table cloth use.
    Being the good Southern redneck I am, I have been known to just use a wad of Duck Tape doubled over between cloth and table at each corner and the middle of the long sides. ;-)
    Longtime Motorcycle Camper. Getting away from it all on two wheels! :cool:

Comment

We too had bought a set of those spring clamps, but they always popped off the table if you accidentally brushed against them. Then we purchased smaller "c" clamps and they worked on some thin tables but on the thicker concrete model tables. That's where we are now, mega-C Clamps, works on any table. And still there is nothing wrong with using the trusty duck-tape. Just gotta be sure not to rip the tablecloth fabric....ever see an up-set bride when you accidentally rip a tablecloth, not good!
      Get campin', Renodesertfox A canvas campateer
      Campin' Here Between Campouts! Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

No brides in the Dawghouse, and I use cheap platic table cloths. :cool:

The C-clamps are a good idea though! I need to get a few more - mine are securing my reloading gear......
        Longtime Motorcycle Camper. Getting away from it all on two wheels! :cool:

Comment

I have tablecloth clamps from Coleman made out of metal. They're thin, lightweight, adjust to every table thickness we've come across, and work great!

Click image for larger version

Name:	Stainless Steel Tablecloth Clamps.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	5.9 KB
ID:	69329
          "Why is it inflationary if the people keep their own money and spend it the way they want to and it's not inflationary if the government takes it and spends it the way it wants to?"
          ~ Ronald Reagan, June 11, 1981

Comment

...an irate bride...wuzzat? Brides are always radiant and serene :D

I kinda sorta use a "c" clamp for my tablecloth but only on one end...it does double duty holding my manual blender in place....I did mention that glamping is my style, right? Hehehehehe.

The other ends get extra large bookbinder or goose clips..all of which make wonderful clothespins as well.
            2017:

July 3 to July 16- annual kiddo trip
            Aug 2 to Aug 14- adult trip to recover from kiddos' outing. Bring on the Campari!

Comment

Originally posted by NYCgrrl View Post
              ...an irate bride...wuzzat? Brides are always radiant and serene :D
              I completely agree! Brides never, ever have an attitude. :D

I kinda sorta use a "c" clamp for my tablecloth but only on one end...it does double duty holding my manual blender in place....I did mention that glamping is my style, right? Hehehehehe.
              Do you have a photo of your blender? -- stats: make, model, price, and purchased at. I am a gadget girl and love stuff like that! Plus, I really enjoy cooking outrageous meals when we're camping. It drives the other campers nuts. :D
              "Why is it inflationary if the people keep their own money and spend it the way they want to and it's not inflationary if the government takes it and spends it the way it wants to?"

Comment

Surmisez, NYCgrrl - You two inspire me!! To heck with minimalism camping - I'm changing my ways & moving towards homey, glamping. Will start with a strand of some twinkle lights I found at REI .
                Total nights sleeping outdoors in 2013: 28

Comment

LOL! GlitterHiker, that's the spirit! After hours of hiking, I want to come back to a nice, comfy, homey campsite. Plus, we're usually starving and having a great organized kitchen gets us fed quickly -- and clean up is a breeze (or as easy as one can make it while camping in a tent). :D

Comment

Originally posted by surmisez View Post

Do you have a photo of your blender? -- stats: make, model, price, and purchased at. I am a gadget girl and love stuff like that! Plus, I really enjoy cooking outrageous meals when we're camping. It drives the other campers nuts. :D
                    I'm pretty sure I purchased it from Campmor but the price isn't making sense to me. Think I paid about 40 bucks for it...2 years back:

http://www.campmor.com/gsi-outdoors-...ci_sku=82074WC

Makes a good gazpacho; plays nice with ice although it's better when the ice has jagged edges (block ice" ice picked" to size is easier to work w/ than machine made cubes) and the cocktails you can put together are divine. Also has a yummy morning after (oops) smoothie ability.

To heck with minimalism camping - I'm changing my ways & moving towards homey, glamping. Will start with a strand of some twinkle lights I found at REI .
                    Come on over to the "dark side", Glitter. We'll be waiting for you...oh and don't forget to bring the lights:D.
                    2017:

July 3 to July 16- annual kiddo trip
                    Aug 2 to Aug 14- adult trip to recover from kiddos' outing. Bring on the Campari!

Comment

I'm pretty sure I purchased it from Campmor but the price isn't making sense to me. Think I paid about 40 bucks for it...2 years back:

http://www.campmor.com/gsi-outdoors-...ci_sku=82074WC

Makes a good gazpacho; plays nice with ice although it's better when the ice has jagged edges (block ice" ice picked" to size is easier to work w/ than machine made cubes) and the cocktails you can put together are divine. Also has a yummy morning after (oops) smoothie ability.
                      Ohhh, I like the Campmor site! Lots of gadgets and stuff. Thanks for sharing! :D

Comment

We have the same problem. Problems = Projects for my family. One cousin is going to sew elastic around the entire edge. The other is going to put in some grommets and join the edges using bungee cords underneath the table. We'll see how that works. I think the grommet/bungee solution will be the winner.

Comment

Clothespins. Just bring the excess material together under each corner of the table and fasten with a clothespin.

Comment

I have tablecloth clamps from Coleman made out of metal. They're thin, lightweight, adjust to every table thickness we've come across, and work great! Because Tablecloth Source's security policy is a high level definition of secure consistent behavior, it is meaningless to claim an entity is "secure".

Comment

Tablecloths? I don't even own one! Guess I'm ok with the bird crap and other 'nasties' on my picnic table!

I should get one though...('cause I'm not really ok with all the nasties...)
                              My Other Interest

Comment

Working...
                              X