Tablecloth Security

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Tablecloth Security

Somewhere I purchased a green-checked tablecloth that's uber-thick compared to what I usually see in the camping aisle. With the Coleman stove on one end and the spicebox on the other, the think doesn't fly up or blow away. We considered the clamp route, but as RDF has found you see every thinckness of tabletop, from thin stamped steel two-inchers to these crazy 4" concrete stone slabs...
    “People have such a love for the truth that when they happen to love something else, they want it to be the truth; and because they do not wish to be proven wrong, they refuse to be shown their mistake. And so, they end up hating the truth for the sake of the object which they have come to love instead of the truth.”
    ―Augustine of Hippo, Fifth Century A.D.

Comment

Great point TP, original post shows my 6" C Clamps and they work fine. One could place luggage at ends to hold down the cloth, but it takes up space and Desert Rose wants a more spacious look to the campsite. If I was solo camping I'd be sitting on the ground, cross-legged with food in my lap and a beer at my ready. Thanks again for your positive input.
      Get campin', Renodesertfox A canvas campateer
      Campin' Here Between Campouts! Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

Originally posted by renodesertfox View Post
        .... sitting on the ground, cross-legged with food in my lap and a beer at my ready.

That's how I do it!
        My Other Interest

Comment

two methods:
          1. roll duct tape on itself, put on table corners and put table cloth on top.
          2. spring clamps connected by a bungie. two of these under the table pulling the table cloth.

honestly, I usually am too lazy to get out the cover in the first place, cuz then I may have to clean it.

-johnny

Comment

Working...
          X