Floridian signing on....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Floridian signing on....

Howdy! I found this site by Googling. Most camping sites seem slow these days - looks like more life on this one! :D

I tent camp mostly, and only got back into it in the last three years or so. Still learning, and willing to try new things.
    Here in Florida, summer heat and bugs are not good for camping - so our season is just getting started!
    Longtime Motorcycle Camper. Getting away from it all on two wheels! :cool:

glad you stopped by..............

well when it gets hot again you can always check this link and stay in the North Georgia Mountains. Try Vogel State Park or Black Rock Mountain for example.
    http://gastateparks.org/net/go/parks...go=1&s=0.0.1.5
    2006 GMC Sierra 1500 HD Crewcab
    2004 Rockwood Freedom 1640 LTD
    I am not lost, I am here

http://good-times.webshots.com/album...ost=good-times

Comment

Howdy Back at cha Bigdog!

Howdy the same,

I'm in Vegas and this forum is the ticket man! Your input is well received! I never have ever never been to Florida but the communing is great. Sorry if we too seem slow and you got a bike, but my kayak works. Bike camping, that seems limited like backpacking. So fill us in on where you go, Vegas here is great for biking! Bikes everywhere! Get tired of the East coast you could try the west or maybe you have already been here I just didn't see you! Welcome aboard the camping bus!
      Get campin', Renodesertfox A canvas campateer
      Campin' Here Between Campouts! Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

I've been on the West Coast in my Navy days (Mare Island Navy Base, near Vacaville, Ca. in the early 80's), but that was long ago before my camping.
        I've been various places up in North Carolina (love the Blue Ridge area!), Tennessee and northern Alabama. Been thru Georgia, but haven't camped there yet.
        Some riding buddies and I have occasional shorter road trips, and soon will be in Georgia - going to visit the Andersonville Civil War museum soon. We'll camp where ever we can find a good nearby campground.

My main riding buddy recently got back from a ride from here to Oregon and back - on a KLR650! He's retired, and wanted one good long epic ride before his health got too bad. He loved it - camped some, stayed with friends some. Once I retire, I hope to do the same. :cool:
        Longtime Motorcycle Camper. Getting away from it all on two wheels! :cool:

Comment

There's some GREAT camping in Oregon! We spent part of the 4th up in the Coast Range Mountains this summer.

Comment

Working...
          X