Blue Tarps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blue Tarps

Where do you folks find the Walmart blue tarps? (what department) I can't find anything except silver or brown or maybe camo. They're near the sporting goods department in automotive. I want these for floating over the tent.
    I 'need' an Ipad to take with me camping!

Re: Blue Tarps

We always find the blue tarps in the camping section at Walmart.
    "Why is it inflationary if the people keep their own money and spend it the way they want to and it's not inflationary if the government takes it and spends it the way it wants to?"
    ~ Ronald Reagan, June 11, 1981

Comment

Guess I've been looking in the wrong section

Comment

Costco has a 2-pack Blue with Silver on one side for $22. They each measure 12 X 16. We picked up a couple for camping.

Comment

No costco membership but maybe someone at work has a membership and I can get them to look into this for me. That's about the perfect size tarp.

Comment

Home Depot carrys reallt nice ones and they have lots of diff sizes and a good price

Comment

New knowledge, interest, and thanks for the advice.

Comment

The heavy duty tarps are the way to go if you don't mind spending a little extra.They are perfect for ground cover for your tent.

Comment

Originally posted by CabinFreak View Post
                  The heavy duty tarps are the way to go if you don't mind spending a little extra.They are perfect for ground cover for your tent.
                  We use the heavy duty ones for under the tent and the lighter weight ones as rain/ shade cover.
                  "Why is it inflationary if the people keep their own money and spend it the way they want to and it's not inflationary if the government takes it and spends it the way it wants to?"
                  ~ Ronald Reagan, June 11, 1981

Comment

I've found the ones at walmart sometimes in the car section, or camping section...I think it just varies by the store. My husband bought a few from walmart in the past but they were cheap throw aways, after one camping trip they were already ready to be thrown out. And if you want the tarp to hang over your tent I would for sure not trust the walmart brand ones, they cave in and rip very easily. We started looking online at tarps, and tried a few company's, the best one we found for the price was a place called Tarps Plus. I hope you find a good quality tarp!!
                    Canvas Tarps

Comment

Walmart currently carries the same grade (Heavy Duty) 10mm tarps that Home Depot does, but for about 25% less cost. They look identical in construction except for the outer bag. Other than a tent ground cover, they're of little value here out west for the rain - you'd have to buy poles so you might as well buy them together as a 10X10 or 12X12 setup (you can't attach ANYTHING to a bush or tree anymore).
                      “People have such a love for the truth that when they happen to love something else, they want it to be the truth; and because they do not wish to be proven wrong, they refuse to be shown their mistake. And so, they end up hating the truth for the sake of the object which they have come to love instead of the truth.”
                      ―Augustine of Hippo, Fifth Century A.D.

Comment

I just went to Walmart and saw poly tarps in the auto section also. The ones there were silver looking ones.

You can find those poly tarps at home improvement stores, academy and sporting good stores, some auto part stores, generic department stores, and sometimes at dollar stores.

If you want better quality tarps, like you would take backpacking, check out http://www.bushcraftoutfitters.com/ they make some good bushcraft related items.
                        Nights spent outdoors this year: I lost track

Comment

I have a 12X24 tarp from Wal-Mart (it was the only place in town to get one near that size) and I don’t like it. The tarp was bought to go under my 12X20 tent and after folding the one end up 4 feet it works great for it. What I have a problem with is the noise it makes as you move around in the tent.

Anyone have any suggestions on what kind of tarp would work best?

Comment

Originally posted by Nickadeamus View Post
                            I have a 12X24 tarp from Wal-Mart (it was the only place in town to get one near that size) and I don’t like it. The tarp was bought to go under my 12X20 tent and after folding the one end up 4 feet it works great for it. What I have a problem with is the noise it makes as you move around in the tent.

Anyone have any suggestions on what kind of tarp would work best?
                            Well, a less noisy tarp would be to get a canvas one. Thing about that is they are more expensive, heavier, and you would have to do a lot more upkeep on it, especially if you are using it as a tent footprint. The poly tarps you can just hose off, maybe using a broom as a scrub brush, and get them clean in minutes. Getting a lot of mud and such out of a canvas tarp is a lot harder, plus more danger of mold and mildew.

One thing you might do is make a custom footprint with the tarp, that uses bungies to keep it tight so it won't rustle around as much when you walk.
                            Nights spent outdoors this year: I lost track

Comment

Originally posted by surmisez View Post
                              We always find the blue tarps in the camping section at Walmart.
                              At Walmart, you can find most gear you need.
                              I've no house in the city, just a camping tent in the wild.

Comment

Working...
                              X