Canoe camping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Canoe camping

I just bought a canoe for fishing on some of the inland lakes here in Ohio. Do any of you ever canoe down a river and camp along the way? Any good recommendations starting points in the east?

Re: Canoe camping

I long for the green canopies and beach landings along the Wading, Mullica, Batsto, and Bass rivers in southern New Jersey. They are idyllic slow-water paddles with camping available and a 100% natural experience.
    “People have such a love for the truth that when they happen to love something else, they want it to be the truth; and because they do not wish to be proven wrong, they refuse to be shown their mistake. And so, they end up hating the truth for the sake of the object which they have come to love instead of the truth.”
    ―Augustine of Hippo, Fifth Century A.D.

Comment

It seems like it would be such a cool way to spend a few days. I'll have to look into it more.

Comment

Originally posted by ducman491 View Post
        It seems like it would be such a cool way to spend a few days. I'll have to look into it more.
        Just search on YouTube and you'll find several short videos...
        “People have such a love for the truth that when they happen to love something else, they want it to be the truth; and because they do not wish to be proven wrong, they refuse to be shown their mistake. And so, they end up hating the truth for the sake of the object which they have come to love instead of the truth.”

Comment

The Delaware River is where I like to canoe/kayack/and camp

Comment

Come down to sunny Florida, I can direct you to some nice paddle areas. A buddy and I plan to begin paddling the Oklocknee River down here - about ten miles down the highway from my home, and gives us many miles of 'slow&easy' paddling from the Lake Talquin Dam west of Tallahassee all the way to the coast, about twenty miles as the crow flies. The river is very twisty though - that crow would triple his distance following the river! :cool:
            Longtime Motorcycle Camper. Getting away from it all on two wheels! :cool:

Comment

Awesome info folks! I think I may try and plan a short trip next season.

Comment

Bigdog are there campsites on the Oklocknee river or do you just pull over camp on the beach at your leisure? I just got my canoe setup and ready for some paddling and fishing.

Comment

canoe camping is something that I have been researching for awhile. I am looking into a nucanoe because it is such a stable boat with lots of accessories. As with everything cost is a big factor and I wonder how often I would really get to go. Hard to justify spending that much money for couple days a year.

Comment

Always wanted to do this!

Comment

I love canoe camping. Adventures by the river is really fun.

Comment

I have been camping on my pontoon boat all summer. We go out find a nice quiet spot and drop the anchors, fish most of the night then set up a pop up tent on the front deck and sleep like a baby. We managed to get in a bit over 20 trips.

Comment

Originally posted by tplife View Post
                          I long for the green canopies and beach landings along the Wading, Mullica, Batsto, and Bass rivers in southern New Jersey. They are idyllic slow-water paddles with camping available and a 100% natural experience.

Sounds like HEAVEN. What a great way to vary a camping experience.

Comment

Thanks Supremecampingstore. It isn't often I get to share a "little bit of heaven". When I pass away, my ashes will go home there just below Harrisville and join the Wading on its relentless journey to The Great Bay, and those delicious cherrystone clams. BTW, my best friend owns the biggest campground in the state, which just happens to be at the end of the Wading River canoe/kayak trek.

Comment

I never thought I the pontoon camping! That sounds awesome!

Comment

Working...
                              X