X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Propane campfire rings/pits

Originally posted by shawnbebout View Post
    RDF,
    Its purpose will be to have a camp fire while we are under a burn ban. It really sucks camping without a camp fire. You can't sit around the fire and b.s. or make smores. Smores is pretty high on my daughters list of camping favorites. I may get a planter from home depot and make a fire pit at the house for non-camping times, but it's primary goal is for camp fires during burn bans.
    It wieghs between 15-20 pounds, and is about 19" wide. It came with a carrying bag, so that will help with transport. Since I car camp, this is not an issue. In one photo, you can see a grill propane bottle, and off to the left is a silver thing, that is a reg charcoal starting can. You can scale it off those things.

What is stupid (IMHO) is that our burn bans
    1)excludes designated campgrounds. So if I was in a campground, I would be fine. I guess because a forest fire will respect the boundries of a designated campground and not leave the property.
    2)excludes property owners. The last 3 major fires here in CO have been started by either a home owner burning trash, or a Forest Ranger burning love letters from a former lover.
    The bans state that propane appliances are allowed, so I guess I will have to print off a copy of the ban. That way when the sheriff dept shows up I can argue with them.
    Yeah you're exactly right. Best of luck if this ever comes up!

Comment

Re: Propane campfire rings/pits

Originally posted by shawnbebout View Post
      Boy, I am stoked. I picked up a camp chef fire ring, and it rocks!!! It will serve it's purpose well. We roasted marshmallow's and it is 28 degrees outside!!! I wouldn't want to depend on this fire for heat or to cook, but for ambience and smores it will serve it's purpose just fine. I think it will also do popcorn in a dutch oven popcorn popper. Great little way to get around the burn ban.
      The best part is I found it NIB on Craigslist for $50!!! I will post the pics that I took later, I have to go make supper.
      http://www.campchef.com/gas-fire-ring.html

Here is a link to some photo's
      https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...1&l=73d5a6e9be
      Thanks for the insight, shawn. I've been thinking about getting that for some time now, but was still looking around on reviews if it's worth the price. Gonna check out Craigslist and hopefully could get a nice deal, too.

Comment

Working...
      X