No announcement yet.

What Did Santa Bring You For Campin?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What Did Santa Bring You For Campin?

Originally posted by immortal_ben View Post
    Looks like the toolbox is a big hit on this here forum. So didn't anyone else get camping stuff for Christmas?
    No ... :(
    Actually, I have all my essentials. & I'm going thru a minimalism/de-cluttering phase. Since I didn't "need" anything, I refrained.
    Total nights sleeping outdoors in 2013: 28

Comment

Originally posted by GlitterHiker View Post
      No ... :(
      Actually, I have all my essentials. & I'm going thru a minimalism/de-cluttering phase. Since I didn't "need" anything, I refrained.
      I can definitely understand that. A couple of years ago I decided that everything I own has to fit either in, be strapped on the roof (bed), or fit on the hitch deck of my truck. I am now in the process of wearing things out and replacing them with items I really want.
      Last edited by immortal_ben; 01-08-2012, 08:05 PM.
      Nights spent outside in 2012: 4

Life is a verb.

Comment

This year "Santa" bought himself a Eureka Timberline II backpacking tent. After 25 years since my scouting days i still remember how to pitch the silly thing.

Comment

Gee, guess my list was kinda modest - I got a new Gerber camp Axe. Amazing piece of camping equipment. Just bigger than a hatchet, but shorter than a standard axe.

I think I'll lash up a complete three station camp kitchen with it. Complete with serving island, and stools, and maybe a birch hot tub too. LOL

But, seriously, Gerber makes some great blades. Even for an old "Buck" loyalist like myself.

Gus

Comment

I can definitely understand that. A couple of years ago I decided that everything I own has to fit either in, be strapped on the roof (bed), or fit on the hitch deck of my truck. I am now in the process of wearing things out and replacing them with items I really want.
            How long did that last? or do you still follow that?

Comment

Still doing it

Life is a verb.

Comment

After camping so much & being quite happy with what I could fit in my car, I'd come home and think: Why do I have all this stuff??? It's been a year-long process; my mantra is only owning what I personally can lift/carry.

Comment

He brought us the Big Buddy Heater this year. We have been using the Mr Heater Heater/Cooker for quite a few years, but after a couple of close calls with the kids and dogs, we decided to upgrade.

Comment

Originally posted by GlitterHiker View Post
                    After camping so much & being quite happy with what I could fit in my car, I'd come home and think: Why do I have all this stuff??? It's been a year-long process; my mantra is only owning what I personally can lift/carry.
                    One great way of pairing down your gear is to ask "When was the last time I used this item, and can it be used for more than one task/purpose?"

I used to carry an extra set of bootlaces, but then I realized that the para-cord in my pack would work just fine to let me finish any trail/hunt. So the bootlaces went into a footlocker until I needed them. Having been in the military, my mantra used to be "back-ups and back-ups for the back-ups." It made for a heavy pack.

Life is a verb.

Comment

Deathss, I keep looking at Mr. Buddy's, and while I doubt I will get one, I do recommend them to folks, and think they are a great idea.

Life is a verb.

Comment

Deathss, I keep looking at Mr. Buddy's, and while I doubt I will get one, I do recommend them to folks, and think they are a great idea.
                        I do alot of overnight Ice Fishing in the winter and that Heater/Cooker was areal pain to get going in the middle of the night. It was very temperamental when it was below zero and always would slide around on the ice, plus the kids and dogs tipped it over one to many times. I have been eyeing the Buddy heaters for a number of years, and finally decided to pull the trigger.

Comment

Originally posted by Deathss View Post
                          I do alot of overnight Ice Fishing in the winter and that Heater/Cooker was areal pain to get going in the middle of the night. It was very temperamental when it was below zero and always would slide around on the ice, plus the kids and dogs tipped it over one to many times. I have been eyeing the Buddy heaters for a number of years, and finally decided to pull the trigger.
                          Don't you mean Santa got it for you? Haha.

Life is a verb.

Comment

Yes. I am Santa on Christmas Eve.

Comment

Poor little guy doesn't look too merry to me, hahahaha!

Life is a verb.

Comment

I got a brand new 10x10 canopy! LOVE IT

Comment

Working...
                                X