Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just Registered w/CampinForums.com: Say Hello Here First!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Just Registered w/CampinForums.com: Say Hello Here First!

Hello fellow campers.....my name is Kevin. I have lived in North Dakota for about 7 months, before that I had lived my whole life in Wisconsin. I have moved here for work in the bakken oil fields. I absolutely love camping, and have been doing it since I was a little guy. My parents started with tents, moved on to the popup, then the hardside. We then moved on to a permanent type site for many years(least favorite). My wife and I now really enjoy tent camping whenever we can. We are heading to Minnesota in three weeks for a 10 day camping excursion. We are starting out at Interstate State park for a few days, these days will be spent group camping with friends and family from back home in Wisconsin. After that, we are heading up to Cascade River State Park for five more nights of relaxation. We love the North shore area of MN, and cannot wait to head there. This will be our last excursion for a while, as we found out last Friday that we are expecting our first child in April.

I am a huge fan of camping gear, and techniques, and can never get enough. We love cooking, and spending our time outside. Camping is the best! I look forward to talking with the group, and look forward to learning from the masses. I might even throw in a few tidbits of my own!

Comment

Hello, I have been lurking here for a month or 2. Hubby and I have had an overnight in the GSM with some friends, on their campsite. We are still at the "borrowing the big stuff" stage, but hope to be fully geared up by next summer. We are looking forward to a 2 night stay in September, on our own campsite. I camped with my family for years, but Hubby is still quite green. It should be fun, I never thought I would be camping again, but it is a great way to enjoy the GSM. We are going to get a tent big enough for the grandkids to come for an overnight too!

Tina

Comment

Welcome to the campfire Animalcrackers(Tina)! Happy you decided to become an active campateer! Hope your stay with us will be a long and happy camping journey! My bride of 35+ years hails from Sweetwater, Tennessee seeing that you're from that neck of the woods, so just remember that your next 5 posts or threads will be moderated. No worries! Glad you joined!
        Get campin', Renodesertfox A canvas campateer
        Campin' Here Between Campouts! Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

hello johnny bivouac here im from the everglades im always in the woods maybe ill see you there

Comment

Hey all. The name's Josh Holbrook. I love camping and usually do it in conjunction with "herping," looking for reptiles and amphibians in the wild. I usually blog about species, exploites and a lot of camping related things on my blog ( http://fieldventures.wordpress.com/ ) but am interested in bouncing ideas around and whatnot here.
            -Josh

Comment

Welcome Josh!
              Get campin', Renodesertfox A canvas campateer
              Campin' Here Between Campouts! Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

More fellow campers. HowDo from the Falls of the Ohio.
                Glad you are aboard.
                Warning my entries my bore you silly.
                You will find the others interesting.

Comment

Welcome to all the new campers! :cool:
                  "Why is it inflationary if the people keep their own money and spend it the way they want to and it's not inflationary if the government takes it and spends it the way it wants to?"
                  ~ Ronald Reagan, June 11, 1981

Comment

Welcome, yalls.
                    Nights spent outside in 2012: 4

Life is a verb.

Comment

Hello from Gaithersburg, Maryland!

My name is Tony and I'm 33 years old. Haven't been camping much in a long time... since high school actually.

Gotten lazy since getting married and my wife and I want to get outside more often. Looking for some tips, so I figured I'd register here.

Thanks in advance.

Comment

• Hello from Cali!

Hi everyone!

It's been quite a while since I've been camping so I decided to join this forum to re-learn it all over again, and share a few bits of whatever knowledge I still have about it.

Comment

Hi All,

I am new to the Camping Forums and am ready to talk about my favorite things to do in life- camping and hiking! I lived in the Mojave Desert for 10 years and tent camped almost every weekend, year-round. Aging parents brought me back to my hometown of Omaha, NE, so I recently purchased a camper that will allow me to camp at least 3 seasons out of the year! I look forward to getting to know more about those of you in this forum!

Campnkt

Comment

Welcome to the forum! We look forward to your input.
                            Nights spent outside in 2012: 4

Life is a verb.

Comment

Hi! I'm new...looking forward to getting some great camping tips and hopefully sharing some of mine. I live in SoCal and usually camp around here.

Comment

Newbie here! My husband and I are fulltime RVers who spend our winters in SE AZ, where we enjoy tent camping. In fact, we are heading out Thursday. Just found this forum

Comment

Working...
                                X