Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just Registered w/CampinForums.com: Say Hello Here First!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Just Registered w/CampinForums.com: Say Hello Here First!

Thanks for joining up with Camping Forums! This thread is just for saying hi and an introduction of oneself, please re-ask your question by starting a new thread in tent camping. You'll get a lot of help, I promise you.
    Get campin', Renodesertfox A canvas campateer
    Campin' Here Between Campouts! Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

Thanks for the welcome Reno

I posted yesterday and haven't seen it yet and I also posted this morning with nothing. The two posts are on th esmae subject just worded differently . If you can i would prefer to delete the first post and only use the second one from today.

Thanks Again
      Jeff

Comment

• Re: I live

Gotta have some patience, you'll get responses just not as quick probably as one hopes. Traditionally a camping forum moves rather slow and it is December, our slowest month. Hang in there, you'll get the answers you seek, it'll just take some time. Good luck!

Comment

• Hello from Georgia!

Hello,
          My name is Deny Doler, I live in Athens Georgia. I pulled the forum from a Google search and decided to give it a try. My family of seven (my wife, daughter, two sons, two weimaraners and myself) tent camp about ten times each year and camp in our TiPi every Thanksgiving with a group of other lodge owners. We also do a good bit of trailriding with our Rovers and Scouting with our kids.

Comment

I guess I didn't see this thread when I first registered,in fact this is the first time I have seen it.Sorry I didn't come in here to say my hello to the welcoming committee.

I am starting to get back into camping after a long spell.I got hooked on renting cabins for many years and missed roughing it a bit in a tent.I have always done warm weather camping but this year I decided to try out some cold weather camping for the first time ever.I've only done two cold trips(mid 30's)but I have to say I love it.It's nice to have your pick of sites this time of season(dispersed camping)and the stars are amazing to view at night time with all the leaves off of the trees.Can't wait for my next venture.

Comment

Hello Denny from Denny Morrow in the Ohio river valley, near Louisville KY.

Comment

Us too!!! Will blame it on Spirit...
                We are on the road full time for over a bit 5 years. It has been quite a Journey and yet it seems as we have just began! The biggest difference with "before" is the time element. There is none... Mother Nature is our Mistress, the Weather is our Boss! North and above 9000' in the summer... South (right now by Big Bend / Terlingua area) in the winter. Maybe head East soon... into the heavy demographics of LA/MS and FL. Will see...
                I write, I cook, I photograph, we play, we hike... we have made many incredible Friends. I read a lot as all has changed so much with today's technology! Moving Radar Weather on Smart Phone! Books on NetBook, Video editing abilities on laptop, GPS, SPOT, SAT Phone... all powered by Goal Zero Solar system! A bit too much really at times... yet, most of the time with no live connection. We like it that way.
                We have been on a motorcycle/sidecar. We have a new addition now, an eCamper on a Honda Element AWD raised 3" 's. This has turned into a convoy, will mix it up... again, it is all up to Weather!
                Anyhow... here we are... Hoping to share and learn.
                Ara and Spirit

www.theoasisofmysoul.com Our Journal

Comment

Hi from Texas- My name is Kelly and have become regular tent camper in the past couple years- Can't wait to learn and explore the forum.

Comment

Originally posted by Zoey View Post
                    Hi from Texas- My name is Kelly and have become regular tent camper in the past couple years- Can't wait to learn and explore the forum.
                    HI Kelly, I'm another female camping in Texas.
                    Nights spent outdoors this year: I lost track

Comment

New forum member here!!! :p I can't believe I have not run across this site until now. I have been tent camping since I was 4. I will be turning 37 and have a wife, 2 boys and GIANT Black Lab. We are from Milwaukee and take a week long trip to Northern Wisconsin every year. We are strictly Canvas Tent campers, and enjoy any time that we can spend outdoors as a family. This site looks like it has alot of seasoned campers on it. :cool:

Comment

Welcome Deathss, to CF! There are a total of 6 threads or posts that must be moderated before an new campateer acquires the use of PM, or the ability to create albums. Many seem that is excessive. But it works great for this site. See any spam here...I think not! Just trying to protect campers and give us a nice secure forum that has no junk in it! So post up, only two more posts and then you're pretty much golden. If one is really a wolf in sheep attire, those spammers are always found out, reported and banned! All we do is chat honestly about our camping experiences! Thanks!

Comment

My fault I thought it was 4-6 posts. Thanks again.

Comment

Welcome Deathss, looks like you like to camp as I do, although I have moved away from canvas to ripstop, must be the aging bones

You'll like it here, lots of experienced campers to share friendly tips and experiences.

Gus

Comment

Just registered! Living in Seattle and enjoying the rain **sarcasm

Comment

Originally posted by beemerchef View Post
                                Us too!!! Will blame it on Spirit...
                                We are on the road full time for over a bit 5 years. It has been quite a Journey and yet it seems as we have just began! The biggest difference with "before" is the time element. There is none... Mother Nature is our Mistress, the Weather is our Boss! North and above 9000' in the summer... South (right now by Big Bend / Terlingua area) in the winter. Maybe head East soon... into the heavy demographics of LA/MS and FL. Will see...
                                I write, I cook, I photograph, we play, we hike... we have metal solar structures made many incredible Friends. I read a lot as all has changed so much with today's technology! Moving Radar Weather on Smart Phone! Books on NetBook, Video editing abilities on laptop, GPS, SPOT, SAT Phone... all powered by Goal Zero Solar system! A bit too much really at times... yet, most of the time with no live connection. We like it that way.
                                We have been on a motorcycle/sidecar. We have a new addition now, an eCamper on a Honda Element AWD raised 3" 's. This has turned into a convoy, will mix it up... again, it is all up to Weather!
                                Anyhow... here we are... Hoping to share and learn.
                                Ara and Spirit

Hello!!

I am new to the forums! Look's like a great place here.

Thank you.
                                Last edited by Local Bobby; 05-06-2015, 03:46 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X