Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just Registered w/CampinForums.com: Say Hello Here First!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Just Registered w/CampinForums.com: Say Hello Here First!

I'm Keisha. I'm a married mom to 8 kiddos. We are just starting tent camping with the kids. Nice to meet everyone ! :D

Comment

Hiya. I'm Jo. To be completely honest, I joined this forum in a desperate attempt to try to get rid of a non-refundable campsite reservation I made!

BUT..! I do love camping, am new to my area, and I hope to gain some insight from you great camping gurus! Thanks for having me!

Comment

Hello everyone. I'm Mike. 48yrs old, married 21 years, with 2 kids (DD17 & DS12). We used to have a pop-up but sold it a while back. Now we have Coleman family tent and I hope to get back into doing some camping. My son and I are going to Reading, PA 1st weekend of June for WWII re-enactment. We are staying at a campground a few mile from Cabella's near Hamburg. I hope to be able to get my wife to go with us later in the summer.
        2004 Mazda MPV Van
        2012 Coleman Instant 8 Tent
        1981 Rockwood Pop Up (Gone but not forgotten)

I sued to be a man ..... now I'm just a husband

Comment

Hello everyone, I am new to the site. I hope to do a lot more camping this year than in years past!

Comment

Originally posted by gypsymoon View Post
            I'm Keisha. I'm a married mom to 8 kiddos. We are just starting tent camping with the kids. Nice to meet everyone ! :D
            Hello and Welcome!! There is nothing better than camping for kids. My best memories from growing-up are from our camping trips. We now do it for/with our own kids. Best!!
            Our Rig....
            2012 Ford F-150 Crew-Cab Truck w/Ecoboost (just purchased, new photo soon)
            Nomad Joey 246 Travel Trailer, 24ft, 3 bunks, Queen, no slides, no foldouts - Floorplan
            RempRack Pickup Bed Bike Rack (5 bikes)
            sigpic
            Camping and Biking with Family! The BEST!

Comment

Welcome everyone! Hope your stay with us will a long and continued camping experience! This is a forum so if it's good or bad you are encouraged to share your experiences!
              Get campin', Renodesertfox A canvas campateer
              Campin' Here Between Campouts! Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

Hello all; I joined this forum about a week or two ago, and got the cart before the horse, so to speak...
                a little about myself...female, 55, have a live-in arrangement with a person of the male gender...he is
                67...we are both Army veterans, served in germany 12 years apart from each other...met in a
                homeless shelter in Texas January 2001...he's originally from California, lived in just about every state.
                I'm originally from upstate New York, have lived in TX for almost 35 years...
                we're both disabled, and living on VA disability...I only recently began getting disability because of a
                major car wreck I was in in Nov. 2009...spent several months in hospital and rehab.
                Since the wreck we are both disenchanted with living in Texas, so we're hoping to make a move
                to Tennessee by spring of 2013 the latest. we both like camping , but haven't done any since just
                before the accident.
                been slow going getting back on my feet...anyway really enjoy reading all the posts and hearing about
                peoples adventures here...hope to be able to add some of my own soon...
                our camping set up so far includes a KODIAK 9x12 tent, a dining canopy, and assorted camping gear...
                I'm modifying a Chevy Venture Van to accomodate our gear for the time being...may invest down the road
                in a small utility trailer to haul gear as well as to move our belongings from Texas to Tennessee in the future...

Comment

Welcome TN...ya know my bride is from northeastern TN, beautiful part of the country! Thanks for posting, ya did okay, who says you got the cart before the horse? Glad to have have you posting good advice anytime. Me, I'm stuck up in the mountains and good words are few and far, happy that you are enjoying the comforts of chatting when you ain't camping! Thanks!

Comment

• Just want to say hi.

Hey Everybody,

I guess I'm the newby here. My name's Duane and I'm a campaholic. It kind of all began when I first started turkey hunting. The trees, the breeze, God's country. Thought if I liked it so much during the day, I might like it at night. Campaholic. I'm a 54 year old single dude living in Ohio just outside of Cleveland. Winter blows. Although this past year was as mild as I can ever remember. Almost campable. Ahhhhhhh, but it finally ended and Spring sprung. Enough rambling. Just wanted to say hello and look forward to gleaning words of wisdom from the forum. It's way to early to let you guys know I put an air conditioner in my tent. Yes, I'm a campaholic. Yes, I'm a comfortaholic as well.

Duane
                    Duane R. Winters
                    sigpic
                    www.northridgedesigns.com

Comment

• Re: I live

Howdy NRD(North Ridge Designs) pleased as punch you said hello and a good howdy back! This is a great place to chat about camping when you aren't camping. But some of us do take 'puters camping anyways! Welcome !

Comment

NRD: welcome to our campgrounds...You must have done some camping here in TX...guaranteed the AC is pretty much a
                        necessity here, especially when camping...I've seen a few AC units sitting on blocks outside of camping tents at a number
                        of campgrounds here in TX, also room size rugs and vacumn cleaners...not too much would surprise me anymore...
                        I say whatever works for you is your doing, no worries here...comfort and having fun, this is the life...again welcome...

Comment

Oops,
                          I think I sent a partial reply by mistake. Anyway, I was saying thanks for the welcome and was saying my Dad was from a little town called Big Sandy ('cause they said you could leave there and go anywhere!). Then I was wondering if Denison was anywhere near Houston. Then I was gonna say I just visited Tennessee and went to Ruby Falls in Chattanooga. It's an awesome underground waterfall in a cave 1126 ft under ground. And, there's Lookout Mountain, too. Prettiest state in the land of the free... killed him a bear when he was only three.....I'm drifting here. Anyway, thanks again for the welcome.

Duane
                          Duane R. Winters
                          sigpic
                          www.northridgedesigns.com

Comment

I wouldn't worry or loose any sleep over this oversight! You're just gettin use to us! You'll fit in fine! Adios fer now! Welcome aboard!

Comment

Hi guys

Michael and Ta here. We have been lurking for a few weeks, appreciate all the great info we get here.

We just started camping a couple of months ago. We live about 5 minutes away from the Lake Mead National Park area. We spent our first nite out there when we got our new tent. Next we spent 3 nites in Zion last month.

In August we are doing 3 nites on the north rim of the Grand Canyon. Already reserved out tent site, as we prefer to be away from the RVs and their generators and noises. Haven't tried dispersed camping yet, but DEFINITELY interested in that!

We are definitely car campers. We do some hiking, but prefer light day trips, not into hiking in with all the gear on our backs.

Loving it, August can't get here fast enough.
                              Michael and Ta

Comment

Dyanlmadman, welcome to the boards! Hope your time with us is a long and continued camping journey and that perhaps you'll become fond of chatting here about your camping experiences as much as you have spent time reading what we're about. Welcome!

Comment

Working...
                                X