Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just Registered w/CampinForums.com: Say Hello Here First!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Just Registered w/CampinForums.com: Say Hello Here First!

Hello all, new member from NJ. I have been an avid tent camper and fisherman since early childhood. I am looking forward to sharing info and getting new ideas from all.

Comment

• Re: I live

Hello! I am new to the forum - found it as I was trolling the web looking for ideas on freshening up the out houses on the islands in Lake George! Also looking for meal ideas. We are a family of six, we started camping two years ago: first in the back yard, then at a state camp ground near our home (subway for dinner and the diner for breakfast). Then we dove it and went to Lake George on one of the islands for five nights. We had a blast! Kids are 9, 11, 12 and 13 - they loved it too! Adding a night this year - totally looking forward to unplugging for a week! Hoping to get some good ideas here and maybe make a friend or two !

Comment

Hey all! Long time camper making the transition to car camping and looking for inspiration. Liking what I see from the forums so far!

Comment

Nobody has introduced themselves in some time it would seem. My name is Tamara. I just joined because I'm trying to find people who have stayed at Dorst Creek. My husband is Canadian and he grew up canoeing, portaging water, and setting up camp along a river. I, on the other hand was very young when my family camped. We did the usual biggies like Yosemite, Sequoia, you name it. We just got back from 3 nights at Hanna Flats in Fawnskin (Big Bear). I enjoyed it. Husband hates campgrounds. Sigh...what can you do.

Comment

Howdy Tjc, Eugenius, Jenwith4kids, & Tamareden welcome to the forums! Tamaraeden, you might just want to ask your question in the "Where to Go" section of Camping Forums. Just find the area where California is(the southwest) and re-state your question there. This one is ofr just saying hi and introducing yourself to everyone else! Thanks!
            Get campin', Renodesertfox A canvas campateer
            Campin' Here Between Campouts! Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

hello all. been camping 38 of my 44 years here on this great planet and hope to tent camp for many more years to come. i live in eastern south carolina about an 1.25 hours from myrtle beach and love camping up in the upstate foothills and the north carolina mountains. been camping those parts since the days of cub scouting and boys scouting til i could no longer be in the scouts. i've had my son camping since age 6 (he's 9.5 now) and he loves it and can set up his own tent when needed and with continual support from his scout troop and our awesome camp outs, it just reinforces his knowledge of nature and what it means to respect it, so much so that as a bear scout last year he earned the World Conservation Patch (which he can earn once more as a boys scout) and the Leave No Trace patch as well. hope to learn some stuff from the site and share some stuff as well. cause the way i see it, we are never to old or experienced to learn something new or something improved and it's always a pleasure to share our ideas. thanks for having me here

Comment

Welcome Pitmaster, happy that you are here!

Comment

thanks, fox and i've enjoyed reading and posting so far

Comment

Hey guys I just joined up

I'm 23, from Australia and love to hike!

Great to be here!

Comment

Hey Ya'll -

Just joined up and glad to have found this forum. We started camping when my now teenage sons first joined Cub Scouts and continue to go as often as possible. I recently took an intro course for the Leave No Trace principles and am considering taking the course to become a Trainer for Leave No Trace. We live in the lowcountry of South Carolina where there are many options to enjoy the outdoors. A big "Thanks" to the Administrators for providing this forum.

Rick

Comment

hey rick, i just joined a few days ago. i'm from the florence area of the state.
                        Last edited by pitmaster; 07-12-2012, 05:59 AM.

Comment

Hey Pitmaster - I'm down in Charleston. Trying to organize a 2-3 day BSA Troop backpack trip into the Francis Marion forest this fall. Are you familiar with the Palmetto trail or other routes into the FM Forest?

Comment

Welcome to you both...like2hike & pitmaster. Please use our message system to chat between yourselves and not in this thread. This is reserved for just introducing yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by Like2Hike View Post
                              Hey Pitmaster - I'm down in Charleston. Trying to organize a 2-3 day BSA Troop backpack trip into the Francis Marion forest this fall. Are you familiar with the Palmetto trail or other routes into the FM Forest?
                              no, i'm not familiar with it that much. i could possibly try and get you some info on it if can. we do most of our hiking across the top half of the state and north carolina. a friend of mine that lives in greenville was just telling me yesterday that he and his son are getting geared up to do the palmetto trail and asked me and my son to joing them through parts of it. i accepted and this will be my first time on this trail so i'm trying to gather info as well but it does sound good to me though...pm me if you wish and i'll let you know what i find out as well cause when our troop isn't in the foothills, we're in the sand hills just above the house (i actually live in hartsville rather than florence, but many folks still don't know where hartsville is lol). my did, however, just inform me that we have done part of the upper section of the palmetto trail as it runs some with the foothills trail...
                              Last edited by pitmaster; 07-12-2012, 06:16 AM.

Comment

Hi well OK here is my family and me in a nutshell so to speak--
                                My DH and I have been married 20+ years and raised 4 kids 1 girl and 3 boys (all grown and out on their own); I have 3 granddaughters whom are my world of course. After more than 10 year break due to a family members long term illness we (mostly me) are back camping started last year. Didn't realize how much I missed it until we went last year. My DH works as a diesel mechanic and I work in the lunch room at a school. We live between Pine Bluff & Little Rock, Ark. We are tent camping now but DH wants to upgrade to a camper (says we're to old to sleep on the ground and need a/c).
                                thanks and Happy Camping:cool:

Comment

Working...
                                X