Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just Registered w/CampinForums.com: Say Hello Here First!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Just Registered w/CampinForums.com: Say Hello Here First!

Welcome to the site KDbug. Hope you enjoy your return to camping and post plenty of pics.
    Nights camped in 2019: 24
    Nights camped in 2018: 24

Comment

• Re: I live

I camped a lot growing up with my family, and haven’t camped for about 15 years, until this summer. My brother and his wife go 6-7 weekends a summer and asked if I would like to join them one weekend this summer with my 5 year old son. Of course the little guy was jazzed up to go sleep in the woods so we went with them. Both of us had a blast, my son and I have been out another weekend since then and have another outing planned for the fist weekend in August (hope to talk Mom into going this time). After going again, it’s hard to imagine why I stopped going when I was younger.

Dan
      www.MuttShopProducts.com
      http://www.facebook.com/MuttShopProducts
      https://twitter.com/MuttShop

Comment

Hi there,

Also new here, but have been lurking for a while, I have just started camping again after a break of a few years.

I used to be a fanatic Hiker/Camper, but now have three small kids so we've bought a *big* tent for the family. Have learned a lot from reading around in your forums, hope to also be of help in the future!

Comment

Hello,

Obviously, we are new to this site and look forward to being positive contributors. We have an office full of outdoor sports enthusiasts that any of you can tap for information regarding camping and related gear.

A quick message to the mods, we apologize for our user name. We picked the name before seeing the forum rules. We are more than willing to change it if you need us to. We tried to send a PM but it would not let us which we're guessing is due to not having any posts.

We look forward to contributing positively to this forum! Eventually becoming a preferred vendor is ideal.

Oh, by the way, I am saying "we" because there will be several people using this account to help answer questions and such.
          Tents | Sleeping Gear | Backpacks | Accessories

Comment

There is no need to apologize the name you picked is as good as any other! Welcome to the best little camping forum on the net and will work to get you through the moderation period. The moderation period is your first 6 posts or threads; they are moderated by yours truly, the only mod of these here papers. You can not send any pms(private messages) until your fulfill the moderation period. Please refrain from posting your website in your signature block until you have been approved as a preferred vendor. If I hear otherwise from the forum admin I will gladly pass on what those instructions are. After you have passed the moderation period send me(Renodesertfox, aka: Brenton Cooper) a pm requesting to become a preferred vendor. I will send a response with preliminary details on how to apply. Please be advised that forum admin is a very busy entrepreneur and maybe hard to get him when your needs arise. Send me messages and I will do my level best to see that your needs are met in a timely manner. The best advice I can give now is asking you to begin becoming involved with the forum. Answering posts, starting threads. The moderation period might seem a bit tiresome, however, this is too ensure that spammers are kept in check, banned and turned away before the growing host of campateers grows! Camping Forums is a looking forward to your stay and hoping that it will be a long and happy journey as we campateers learn from one another.

There may be times when I'm not available either, I do camp w/o cell phone or computer. Good luck!
            Last edited by renodesertfox; 07-25-2012, 05:01 PM.
            Get campin', Renodesertfox A canvas campateer
            Campin' Here Between Campouts! Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

Hi, my name is Joyce, and I'm going tent camping in a few weeks after a 10 year hiatus.

I'm looking around here for ideas...and reminders....of what to bring.

I've got a 27 year old Eureka Timberline tent, that I pulled out of storage, and it had acquired an odor that I couldn't get out no matter how much air and scrubbing I gave it. As a last resort, at the suggestion of a camping friend, I threw it in the washer with some vinegar. The smell went away, but so did the waterproofing...fortunately, I found some solutions on this site, so already it's paid for itself!

I look forward to reading more, and 'meeting' fellow campers!

Comment

Well, welcome friend! Glad your here and picked up a few tidbits! It's good to learn from one another. After your next campout you'll be a pro for the never camped before. Hope you stick around and share your experiences! Pics too are nice and I see that you have already made yourself at home! Just remember, every campout is just practice for your next one! Thank you for taking the time to introduce your self! Enjoy Joyous!

Comment

Thank you Reno! Yes, I read the all of the rules and have not set up our signature yet. I will pass that along to anyone else that will use this account. Now time to scour threads.

The moderation period is quite normal and fully understandable due to the plethora of trolls and spammers out there. Thanks again!
                  Tents | Sleeping Gear | Backpacks | Accessories

Comment

Welcome Campgeardotcom, pleased as punch that you found a place to chat 'bout camping when you're not actually camping! We at CF hope your stay is a long and happy journey and are looking forward towards a positive advertising experience once you have become a preferred vendor! Adios fer now.

Comment

Hello, new to this forum. My name is Jesse and live in south west Michigan.

Comment

Howdy Liquid....welcome to our campfire!

Comment

Hi all! My name is Mac and I currently live in the Midwest where it has been far too hot to even think about camping! My wife and kids and I love to go camping along with the hiking, fishing, swimming, etc., that goes along with being outdoors.

We have been tent campers for many years but as our age continues to rise, so does the desire to move to an RV of some sort. Either way, as long as we're outdoors, we love it!

I am retired USAF and my job as a voice over Internet protocol (VoIP) engineer has us changing locations far too often though I hope the next job takes us home to the west coast. I mention all this because you will notice that I will post the fact that we have lived in many different states and have been camping in most of them.

Comment

Greetings! Don't know how it took me so long to find this site. I'm a lifelong avid camper. I like all varieties of camping and really like helping newbies.
                            I've done backpacking, tent/hammock/bivysack, car camping, RV, and own a 1969 VW Camper.
                            I've made my own gear but still shop REI, Wal-Mart, and other retailers.
                            Finally, I've been greatly influenced by ultra lighting concepts but view it as an approach not dogma.
                            I hope to be of service.

Comment

New to the forum, and it looks like a nice little joint you guys got here. Did the usual progression of camping. Started out tenting, then pop-up and finally the 25' travel trailer. Want to get back to tent camping now and came across your site while researching a new one.

Comment

Hi all, new to the forum. I'm Tara from Western NY. I love to camp but as I live in the country, prefer the quieter more secluded sites as over the RV parks since I already have a great degree of wilderness in my own backyard. Hoping to find some new parks to try!

Comment

Working...
                                X