Campsite Item(s) Discovered?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Campsite Item(s) Discovered?

Everyone who has camped has found something left by an earlier camper. What is the most interesting item you have found left by an earlier camper? :confused:If it was of value did you attempt to send it to them?
    Get campin', Renodesertfox A canvas campateer
    Campin' Here Between Campouts! Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Re: Campsite Item(s) Discovered?

I believe all I have ever found was tent stakes and trash. Would certainly liked to have returned the trash.
    Nights spent outside in 2012: 4

Life is a verb.

Comment

The only thing I've ever found that was worth anything was a tarp. I've been pretty lucky with not finding much trash. I like to bring my metal detector with me and I haven't even found anything valuable with it. Mostly bullet casing and fishing tackle. If I ever found anything that I thought someone would like to have back, I'd make a effort to to try and return the item.
      May you always have love to share,
      Health to spare
      And friends that care.

Comment

Nope, the only thing I've ever found left behind is trash. Usually beer bottles and cans.
        Total nights sleeping outdoors in 2013: 28

Comment

Found a little LED camping lantern last year. No way to know who it belonged to, so I kept it. Other than that, the only things I have found while camping was just little bits of trash.

I went out for a hike today and found a black restaurant apron though.
          Nights spent outdoors this year: I lost track

Comment

Camping in Southern Alabama, I was breaking my plastic tent stakes in the hard rocky soil. Providence led me to find the wire tent stakes the prior camper had left! Disaster averted.....

I now carry them as 'emergency spares'.
            Longtime Motorcycle Camper. Getting away from it all on two wheels! :cool:

Comment

Usually just trash. Have to clean before I set up sometimes, hate that.
              I like to find leftover firewood though, that's always nice =)
              My Other Interest

Comment

Great answers everyone....did I tell you that I'm a generator hater!
                Get campin', Renodesertfox A canvas campateer
                Campin' Here Between Campouts! Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

I find all kinds of stuff knifes,money ,fishing tackel,fishing poles, lots of stuff i find is out in the woods . when I was younger I found a 12 ga. shotgun & a 22 remington leaning aginest a tree not at the same time. both had been through a fire. the shotgun was made in 1900

Comment

The local state parks around here have scores of volunteers that go through the empty campsites almost daily and pretty much scour them clean of left items, trash, etc. I was lucky to have found that lantern I talked about above, because the people left mid-day after the volunteers came by, and I spotted it at night when i walked to the restroom because it was left switched on.
                    Nights spent outdoors this year: I lost track

Comment

Originally posted by renodesertfox View Post
                      Everyone who has camped has found something left by an earlier camper. What is the most interesting item you have found left by an earlier camper? :confused:If it was of value did you attempt to send it to them?
                      Found trash because of some lazy campers but I've never found a Rolex or 1000 bucks before... It just seems unrealistic lol.

Comment

Mostly trash, but once my sons found a few quarters around our site once. They decided to keep it as a souvenir. Would be nice to have found something like an LED lantern, too. Definitely will keep our eyes peeled next time around.

Comment

This one time I found some fish hooks, when they penetrated my thin sandals! People are shameless
                          Canvas Tarps

Comment

i knew a guy who was hiking and found sombodys still open cathole. twisted his ankle in the process. i once found a pocket knife at a rest stop on I-44 between Joplin and Springfield. ( iknow it wasnt a camground but i found it just the same.

Comment

I've found a nice pile of firewood! The best thing I've found was left on purpose. When I went camping at the beach the people who had the site prior to us left all their beach, sand, and water toys behind with "Enjoy!" written in the dirt by the pile. Rather than keeping them, we did the same thing -- passing them on to the next campers.
                              Nights camping in 2012: 2

"Doors marked pull reduce the speed of those who push before they read."
                              READ THE INSTRUCTION MANUAL!

Comment

Working...
                              X