Campsite Item(s) Discovered?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Campsite Item(s) Discovered?

Whenever I camp somewhere that has wooden pallets as tent platforms the first thing I do is lift them to see what dropped through. I've found several dollars, lots of change, and two Swiss army knives.
    Other than that I've found tons of trash and 1/2 burned charcoal in the fire pits, various lengths of clothes line, various clothing items.

Comment

Beer bottles usually appears here and there. And the most valuable thing is a tarp. It's a blue one, I like it. ....I would like to return the bottles.
      I've no house in the city, just a camping tent in the wild.

Comment

Originally posted by kjmillig View Post
        Other than that I've found tons of trash and 1/2 burned charcoal in the fire pits
        I forgot about that. Yep, have found plenty of trash in the fire pits. Usually crushed beer cans. Usually at campgrounds that don't allow alcohol ... Once I found all kinds of pieces from someone's car tail lights. I don't know what they backed into in the middle of the campsite, but it crushed it.
        Total nights sleeping outdoors in 2013: 28

Comment

Years ago when I was a kid I spent almost all my summers in the woods and would find so much stuff. From a pocket knife, a flashlight, Estwing Hammer, to a hatchet. Found clothes, shoes or one shoe, jackets, and even underwear. I would take all trash out of the woods even if I really didn’t want to touch it. I would also use the plastic bags as gloves. To this day I bring garbage bags with me even on short hikes. Once I found a (not knowing it was 100 years old) trash dump. I reported it due to it being too much for me to carry out. I was told it was from a farm that once was there before it was turned into a forest area. But I think the best thing I found was when I was in 5th grade up in an area called Heart’s Content. I was out with my dog roaming the Alleghany National Forest across the road from my house. I was about ½ a mile back in and found 2 lost hikers. They had left the trail to clime and explore an area with large rocks. But anyway they got lost so I took them back to the house and mom gave them a ride to their car. I knew those woods like the back of my hand. I was like a little Grizzly Adams with my dog and a BB gun in my hand.

Comment

good story nick

Comment

Last year I found some firewood during the cub scout camping trip with my son. We used the wood and found some deadfall to cut and stack for the next camper. Always leave your site better than when you found it and you never know, you may end some good karma.

Comment

While backpacking on interior trails I tend to find abandoned grills, usually burn and warped.
                I once found 50' of heavy chain tied/linked to the base of a tree, with a dog leash on the other end. This find was about 30km from anywhere.. Why anyone would lug a chain that far only to tie their dog up in the middle of nowhere then leave it behind.

Comment

Working...
                X