Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Camp Chef Yukon 60 two burner range stove- What size tank should I buy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Camp Chef Yukon 60 two burner range stove- What size tank should I buy?

Camp Chef Yukon 60 two burner range stove- What size tank should I buy? It will probably see 8-16 meals cooked on it this year. Maybe I should just use the disposable bottles. How many cooking sessions do you think I will get out of a 1lb bottle? I wonder if it comes with an adapter for the disposable bottles.
    Please, somebody, anybody, help my Chicago Bears.

Re: Camp Chef Yukon 60 two burner range stove- What size tank should I buy?

I have the camp chef explorer model and it didn't come with an adaper. The manual says the Explorer can run approx 20 hours off a 20 pound grill bottle. I have about 3 different things that run off the big gas bottle, so it's just as easy to take it.
    Nights camped in 2019: 24
    Nights camped in 2018: 24

Comment

Those are very high-output burners. If you are thinking of 1 lb bottles, I think this might be the wrong stove for you. A 10lb bottle would be the smallest I'd use with this HO rig.
      “People have such a love for the truth that when they happen to love something else, they want it to be the truth; and because they do not wish to be proven wrong, they refuse to be shown their mistake. And so, they end up hating the truth for the sake of the object which they have come to love instead of the truth.”
      ―Augustine of Hippo, Fifth Century A.D.

Comment

My mom and dad have a coleman roadtrip grill that we've used for tailgating at arrowhead stadium and one of the little disposable bottles lasts a while. for a family of four i would take 3 or 4 bottles on a week long campout. (but thats with the coleman grill)

Comment

I'm thinking of pulling the trigger on this: http://www.backcountry.com/lite-cyli...opane-cylinder

http://youtu.be/JaMzmOJbkeQ
          Last edited by ecichlid; 04-23-2012, 08:36 PM.
          Please, somebody, anybody, help my Chicago Bears.

Comment

Originally posted by ecichlid View Post
            This looks very interesting...anybody know where they can be bought?

Comment

Yes, Yes! I own two tanks. One holds 3 1/2 lbs of propane and it us used with our Big Gas Grill. The other tank hold 11 lbs and is used with our Big Buddy tent heater. The tanks are twice as much in cost as the normal steel tanks. We purchased ours through Sunny Sports. www.sunnysports.com

The seals on the tanks are good for five years then they must be re-approved.
              Last edited by renodesertfox; 05-27-2012, 05:45 PM.
              Get campin', Renodesertfox A canvas campateer
              Campin' Here Between Campouts! Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

Originally posted by tplife View Post
                Those are very high-output burners. If you are thinking of 1 lb bottles, I think this might be the wrong stove for you. A 10lb bottle would be the smallest I'd use with this HO rig.
                Where can you get one of these?

Comment

Working...
                X