Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Camping Gift Ideas

Hello,

I have a guy friend who is into camping and I'm clueless about it. I would like to get him a gift and thought an assortment of "must have" camping supplies totaling around $75-100 would be a great idea. I thought maybe some sort of a camping knife, guide book, compass?, matches?, saw", etc... or various other small camping supplies that would fit into a small box would be a great idea. I would really appreciate help from all you knowledgeable campers as to what you feel are MUST HAVE on a camping trip.

Thanks So Much!
    -K

Re: Camping Gift Ideas

Originally posted by KayeBee View Post
    Hello,

I have a guy friend who is into camping and I'm clueless about it. I would like to get him a gift and thought an assortment of "must have" camping supplies totaling around $75-100 would be a great idea. I thought maybe some sort of a camping knife, guide book, compass?, matches?, saw", etc... or various other small camping supplies that would fit into a small box would be a great idea. I would really appreciate help from all you knowledgeable campers as to what you feel are MUST HAVE on a camping trip.

Thanks So Much!
    -K
    Sometimes Big 5 will have camping kits that you can buy including a lot of really good outdoor tools.

Comment

Hi K. I don't know about an exact kit but you might have some luck browsing this camping equipment site. They have several sales going on right now so you might find a kit or gift that works for you. Good luck and let us know what you end up getting.

Comment

ems.com offers quality camping supplies from stoves ($40) to multi-tools ($22-100).
        I've no house in the city, just a camping tent in the wild.

Comment

You can also opt to give him a gift card from REI.com. They have gift cards ranging from $5-$500. That would probably be your best bet. At least, your friend would be able to use it to get it something that he really needs or really wants.

Comment

Here are some of the camping gift ideas:

Big Agnes Lynx Pass - 4 Person Tent
            L.L.Bean Swiss Army Rescue Tool
            pocket compass
            HIGH GEAR Solar Pod
            Portable Hammock XL
            RV Park Reviews

Comment

3 Things I use all the time.
              1 - My multi Tool gets used everyday.
              2 - Map case is used on the way there while im there and on the way home. I also store all the info that I gather on the trip in my map case so i know where it all is.
              3 - A good comfy camp chair. If you spend the day swimming or hiking or whatever when you get back to camp a good comfy chair is awesome.

Schmoo

Comment

Working...
              X