Battery Powered Fan?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Battery Powered Fan?

Do the relatively inexpensive battery powered fans make it through a whole sleep night on one set of batteries? I'm talking about the ones that use D Cells.

I normally tent camp where there is electricity, but I have a two night one in July without electricity and was thinking of the battery fans. For two nights, I don't mind using a complete set of batteries each night, if they'll last a whole night.
    I've no house in the city, just a camping tent in the wild.

Re: Battery Powered Fan?

We bought a Coleman tent that came with a battery powered fan. Used it for the first time to help HEAT our tent a few weeks ago. It has a switch on the side you can flip to change direction of the blades. It takes 4 "D" batteries. We ran it two nights in a row now and it was still working when we packed it away. The fan is not very big and hangs from the ceiling of our tent. We used it to push heat from a heater we had running ( made for tents that are ventilated ) down from the ceiling. Hope this helps you.

Comment

My experience using the "O2 COOL" fans in 6V and 12V size is that they will last at least one entire night, and still be going. Two full nights is iffy - take extra batteries. With a larger tent, use the 12V fan.
      Longtime Motorcycle Camper. Getting away from it all on two wheels! :cool:

Comment

Thank God for house batteries! I don't miss the expense after every trip of battery refills for our electronic gadgets anymore.

“People have such a love for the truth that when they happen to love something else, they want it to be the truth; and because they do not wish to be proven wrong, they refuse to be shown their mistake. And so, they end up hating the truth for the sake of the object which they have come to love instead of the truth.”
        ―Augustine of Hippo, Fifth Century A.D.

Comment

My Coleman fans run on 4 D cell batteries and last 2 full nights as long as we don't use the light that is built into them. The light drains the batteries in a really short time.

Comment

West Marine sells a small (about 6x6) fan, 2 speed, that uses 4 D cells AND pushes an impressive amount of air AND lasts MORE than 2 nights.

Comment

I need to get me one of those, tplife! That's gonna cut back the amount of batteries we bring during our trips.

Comment

My Coleman CPX6 fan didn't make it through the whole night... but I had a spare battery pack, and another spare kit with d-cell batteries so we made it work. Trick is having a way to recharge them at places withotu electricity. Mine came with cigarette lighter adapters which was nice when we decided to go into town to get a few things. They seem to charge in a couple hours.

Comment

I also use the O2 Cool fans. I didn't have to use them on my last trip, but on an overnight trip a couple of months ago I used them and they lasted through the night and into the next day since I forgot to turn them off. They still had some juice left so I'm guessing that the smaller 2D model would probably last around 2-3 nights... Maybe.

Comment

Working...
                  X